PDA

View Full Version : might be a stupid question, but...

elsonine
02-24-2012, 07:12 PM
Why does the game spontaneously reverse color? Like I was flying and enjoying myself when suddenly all the color turns awful and the music turns terrible when I was enjoying it up until that point.

The game doesn't change difficulty, it just gets harder to discern between myself and enemies, and it's just more annoying then anything else.

Is there any way to avoid this form?

Fandango
02-25-2012, 10:19 AM
I'd like to know myself. The in-game tips mention an "anti-camping" system that kicks in if you stay still for too long. I thought the negative color mode might have been that, but I've played games where I'm constantly moving and it still occurs so I'm not even sure if that's what it is. I really want to know if there's anything to be done during gameplay to keep it from happening, mostly because it lags the game like crazy.

Shaneluls39199
02-25-2012, 10:25 AM
The anti camping system may be doing this OR it may have been boss time OR was just a random part as the colors and music do switch and change to keep things fresh

"The game doesn't change difficulty, it just gets harder to discern between myself and enemies"

its simply one more way to keep you on your toes,spicing things up

asiaclonk
02-25-2012, 10:51 AM
It was a cascade event. The one you had inverts colors and makes baddies shoot a lot, and I mean a lot of bullets. So if you didn't let many enemies alive you wouldn't notice the amount of bullets.

Also it is vaguely described in the library.

elsonine
02-25-2012, 05:23 PM
The anti camping system may be doing this OR it may have been boss time OR was just a random part as the colors and music do switch and change to keep things fresh

"The game doesn't change difficulty, it just gets harder to discern between myself and enemies"

its simply one more way to keep you on your toes,spicing things up

The thing is, it doesn't spice things up or keeps things fresh, it's the same game only it's now painful to watch and listen to, and sometimes it happens again and again and again in the same game. :o

I don't want to be a jerk here, I really like this game so far. the visuals are nice and the soundtrack is great, it's just the game randomly takes it all away for no reason and it's really aggravating.

the game is varied enough without having to resort to screen flips.