PDA

View Full Version : Steam authenticated wrong account automatically (my fault, but ...)

tandcemerson
02-25-2012, 02:01 PM
I played a medium length of time ago and had two accounts, although I can't remember why. Anyways, when I saw the game on Steam, it brought back good memories so I downloaded and logged in. I used my defacto account name and it took about 3 tries to remember my password. When I got to the character selection, it was empty and I remembered that I had two accounts. I logged back out and logged in using my original account with email/password. Unfortunately, Steam is now locked into the empty account and I see no way to reassign Steam to the right login.

Any advice?

Protoss
02-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Create a ticket on Steam support, maybe they can help.
http://support.steampowered.com/

(Note: Steam support has a different account from the forums or the Steam client, so if you never used the support you must create an account on that website.)

Gishank
02-26-2012, 11:21 AM
Steam support will not be able to help you with the issue. Instead you will have to contact Fallen Earth/G1's support via their website.

It does say that only paid accounts may access support, though if it's for a major account related issue or payments, they make exceptions I believe.

tandcemerson
02-27-2012, 02:24 PM
Not a big enough deal to go through any hassle. It just involves one extra click and I'm not that lazy :)

Thanks for the replies.