PDA

View Full Version : Pistols, Shotguns, Grenades only

iceklee
02-25-2012, 03:05 PM
After beating the game a couple of times I decided to try just using pistols, shotguns, and grenades. Very fun times. I have cleared the west side down to Meduna (day 7 or 8) so far and will hold there to clear the rest of the board.

My team

Thor (start)- awesome sneak killer (90 agi, 90 stealth with very good morale)
Grunty (start) - blows so replaced him with Scope later
Sidney
Trevor
Buns
Scully

If you play this way then perception skill is worthless, although in a regular game I love perception and pump it very high.

I use silenced pistols and Caws shotguns for Trevor and Sidney. I recommend you try this if you find the regular game not a challenge. You will quickly learn the benefits of cover.

JohnnyMorgan
02-25-2012, 04:13 PM
very cool, I am waiting for the content patches before starting a new game but will have to try just pistols and shotguns some time ;)

xiriod
02-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Shotguns are great tools of war, and they can also hit people at those hard to reach places. And you can hit multiple enemies at once if they're bunched up, same with grenades. And there are a couple of quite powerful handguns in this game, coupled with their armour penetrating ammo :)

I wonder it is possible to finish the game using hand-to-hand combat only? Not that I'd try though :)

Riftsaw
02-25-2012, 07:08 PM
If you can get some guys with 90+ agility/stealth together you can do it.