PDA

View Full Version : Slowly Decreased Gaming Preformance. GTX 560 TI

japman19
02-25-2012, 11:36 PM
When i first built "The beast" As i call it, i had no problems with any game. Then the dreaded Arkham City. Slowed me down SO BAD i thought it was just that a single 560 couldn't keep up. So i tried games i had previously ran Easily on max, Mirrors Edge, Arkham Asylum, Skyrim. All now with decreased performance. SO i ordered another card with intent to SLI, out of curiosity i tried the new one alone without the old one, with the SAME results. So its not my card! I am happily in SLI mode now with no issues so far but i would love to know what could have been slowing down my cards. So since my English sucks here is the black version.
Card words -> Card Works Slower-> Thought it was the Card -> Ordered a new one -> Same result, new card is as slow as old one-> Must be MB or software related. Any Ideas, Yes i have the newest drivers installed. Previously i was just overwriting my old drivers and not installing new ones. Then i uninstalled when did sli and installed all fresh ones.

MrSniker
02-25-2012, 11:58 PM
Try the Beta/Legacy driver section of nVidia and try to pinpoint the driver version you had when things ran smoothly. Make sure to uninstall drivers and when reinstalling only install the display drivers and not the 3d vision crap. It could've been a bad driver, generally speaking I'd never update drivers unless it's absolutely necessary. I prefer stability over speed though.

I'd also watch the GPU temperatures, the 560 Ti's temps I think are max 100 C if it's nearing 100 you should consider case management. My temps on average in my case are 65 C for my 560 Ti under load.

I've never heard of motherboard issues in relation to the GPU nor experienced it, but I'm sure it could happen. Perhaps others could fill you in more on that subject.

japman19
02-26-2012, 12:41 AM
I think that it might have something to do with the fact that ive been installing new drivers over old ones, it seams to LOVE to mess with Physx, maybe because Physx is so top heavy. The drivers i started with where included with the card of course, and i have tried them after my SLI failure thats now been fixed. Also on temp i though the max temp was 60, mine stays at about 45-55 under load. So the temps are all good right? Cpu temp is about 40-50 under full load. Is there a possibility that Even though i uninstalled the old drivers that there is a way that traces of the old ones may be messing with my performance? To the second poster, i love nice thought out responses, so im thankful for this. I'm going to uninstall and try the first drivers i ever used again. I will get back to you on how that goes, in the mean time does anyone else have suggestion?