PDA

View Full Version : Clan Tag

AtrumAmantus
02-28-2012, 01:02 PM
I don't know if this has been suggested, but how hard would it be to implement a clan tag system, where depending on which application you launch from steam, it will append your name with either a prefix or suffix of your clan tag that you specify for that game.

It can be annoying to switch your name back and forth from game to game and it would be nice if it didn't show the tag for steam messages since a lot of people use it as their social app now.

Catch_ME
02-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Many steam games have a type of CONFIG file that allows you to edit the name in there.

Once I make a edit and set my name in a specific game cfg, it tends not to change.

Don't know about games that use steamcloud.

AtrumAmantus
02-28-2012, 02:33 PM
that makes the game developer responsible for the implementation, it would be easier and more efficient to put it in the steam client itself, and once there every game that uses your steam handle can make use of it without any extra work.

Catch_ME
02-28-2012, 07:30 PM
that makes the game developer responsible for the implementation, it would be easier and more efficient to put it in the steam client itself, and once there every game that uses your steam handle can make use of it without any extra work.

You might get lucky. Just search around for any cfg files. Could be a quick fix now. Wait for valve to do something later.