PDA

View Full Version : Crash on start: iBomber Defense Pacific

2par
03-02-2012, 12:57 PM
I just got iBomber Defense Pacific after playing the iBomber Defense demo, but the game just crashes. I am able to start and click around in the menus, I select "campaign" it loads a map of the pacific, and click to start the first mission, it loads a bit then I get an errors message and the game quits, asking me to submit a report to microsoft:

Description:
Faulting application ibomberdefensepacific.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module ibomberdefensepacific.exe, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x000b91c0.

When I do a "verify integrity of game cache" it always fails, and re-downloads a file, but still it crashes.

I tried to delete local game files and re-download the whole thing, but still nothing.

Im running on WinXP.

Any ideas besides reformating my machine and/or standing on one leg?

pfhegoburu
03-02-2012, 01:05 PM
I have a similar problem: the game launches, I choose to play Campaign, but it crashes and goes to my Win XP desktop before the game can even start, without any error report. :mad:

CornishCal
03-02-2012, 01:12 PM
I've been having these problems aswell on XP. I read something about AVG Anti-Virus causing problems so i went into Tools->Advanced Settings->Anti-Virus->Resident Shield->Exceptions->Add Path and added C:\Program Files\Steam which fixed the problem for me :).

Hope this helps

2par
03-02-2012, 01:23 PM
I've been having these problems aswell on XP. I read something about AVG Anti-Virus causing problems so i went into Tools->Advanced Settings->Anti-Virus->Resident Shield->Exceptions->Add Path and added C:\Program Files\Steam which fixed the problem for me :).

Hope this helps

I dont run AVG (or any other Anti-Virus program), so sadly this is does not effect me. :(

pfhegoburu
03-02-2012, 02:14 PM

Hope this helps

I run Avast! buy just in case I tried your suggestion. ;)

Sadly, it didn't work.

BTW, i don't have any problems with all my other Steam games (close to 20) so my guess is it's a glitch of this particular game.

Serves me well for buying it on the same day it was published. I should have waited a few days... :(

sid501
03-03-2012, 01:06 PM
I have the exact same problem it just crashes, and more good ideas anyone???.

Roenick92
03-03-2012, 06:38 PM
I'm in the same boat- it crashes right when the 1st campaign starts. Also, the fullscreen isn't quite fullscreen.. still a window around it.
I'm running win xp 64- not sure if that helps, with latest nvidia drivers, etc.
When it validates the cache it re-acquires a 742kb file, and will do so over and over again if I re-validate.

Bleek
03-04-2012, 08:29 AM
Same problem here!

I have tons of games on Steam and not a problem with any of them yet iBomber crashes to desktop when you try and start a campaign.

Win XP 32bit.

Bleek
03-05-2012, 04:40 AM
Is there any support for this game?

kanthall
03-05-2012, 06:29 AM
Is there any support for this game?

No. We have exactly te same problem...

sgiesige
03-05-2012, 06:57 AM
I am having the exact same problem. Crashes at loading of first campaign and not exactly full screen. All other Steam games work fine. Running on Windows XP Pro.

sirvijon
03-05-2012, 07:36 AM
my game crashes on start.

ibomberpacific.exe has stopped working.

i checked integrity and it says that one file failed.

win7 (64-bit)

SBNreal
03-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Same problem here, crashes at loading of first mission. Updating video drivers and shutting off antivirus did not solve the problem :(

sirvijon
03-05-2012, 08:51 AM
i just got mail from cobra that they are making update right now

pepsimcloud
03-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Update is on servers, just waiting to be pushed out to you folks.

pepsi..

sirvijon
03-05-2012, 10:22 AM
sadly it didnt help. integ gave now all files, but still crash on start

CornishCal
03-05-2012, 10:41 AM
The AVG fix only worked one time for me but the update has fixed it permanently :) Thanks

tripper976
03-05-2012, 12:46 PM
Mine is working with the update now. Trying deleting and re-downloading.

sirvijon
03-06-2012, 12:07 AM
Mine is working with the update now. Trying deleting and re-downloading.

I have..many times.

One thing whats bothering is that my vcredist_x86 is newer that wich came with game..is this something?

Schnuffz
03-06-2012, 01:06 AM

Sadly, it didn't work.

BTW, i don't have any problems with all my other Steam games (close to 20) so my guess is it's a glitch of this particular game.

Serves me well for buying it on the same day it was published. I should have waited a few days... :(

Just choose the option in Avast: "Disable for 10 minutes" and launch the game. Works fine for me.

Neurone
03-11-2012, 12:48 AM
I have the same problem, it gives a game.exe error and sends me back to windows. Initially i couldn't even start first mission, then i tried starting the game directly from installation folder (steam\steamapps...) and now i can reach the 3rd mission. What will i have to try to reach the end? :)

Lt_danw
03-13-2012, 10:26 AM
doesn't work for me.
I have Microsoft security essentials. (on windows XP with latest GPU drivers).
i don't know if it was updated but i deleted the game and re-installed it.

Lt_danw
03-26-2012, 04:36 AM
does anyone have a solution?? still no go!

Lt_danw
08-18-2012, 09:16 AM
update:
so i installed Win7, and the game worked!
but now it stopped, the small loading window opens and then closes with nothing happening.
i must have installed something. but unrelated to any antivirus.
i think i installed some C++ software or .NET.

BigMichael
08-19-2012, 11:41 PM

Sadly, it didn't work.

don't worry, it wouldn't matter when you got it. I'm on Mac and just bought both iBomber Defense and iBomber Defense Pacific. Pacific won't play. I like iBomber Defense, and wish I could play both. (and no AV here either)