PDA

View Full Version : Warning: issue with demo

Munchkin9
03-02-2012, 03:34 PM
The game is amazing. The demo is a great show of the quality of the game. HOWEVER, there is a weird issue with the demo.

If you play through the demo, then buy the game. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT press "continue" on the full game. Start an entirely new game (after that you can press continue).

If you 'continue' from a demo game you will miss the entire first section of the game. The demo has a sort of short version of it which, if you continue from it, will skip the entire first section (a good hour of game play).

Apart from that, and a few small crashes, this game is worth every penny. Which there was more of it though, 10 hours of play is just not enough time with this gem.

MrMcGarnical
03-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Thanks for posting this. I played the demo for about 15 minutes and I've seen enough to purchase it. It doesn't seem to save progress in the demo, so I won't finish it. I'll save that for buying the full game now!

Martin_
03-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Yes, good find. There is an issue where the demo is auto-saving. This auto-save could be loaded by the full version if you select Continue, which will cause the player to miss out on some of the early gameplay. This is going to be fixed in our first patch which will be out on Monday.

Solution for now:
If you are upgrading from the demo to the full version: select New Game.
or
Buy the full version immediately! :-)