PDA

View Full Version : Issue Solved - Steam users unable to purchase gold

JoeThePro
03-04-2012, 11:53 AM
The simple fix: enable the Steam overlay.

Apparently, if you disable the Steam Community In-game, it will not let you purchase realm gold.

To enable the Steam Community In-game, select Settings>In-game>Enable Steam Community In-game.

Pa3s
03-04-2012, 12:40 PM
That doesn't work for me. The overlay/the community is enabled by default, the game freezes in both cases.

Lokarin
03-04-2012, 12:57 PM
My overlay is enabled by default, but it immediately closes when the game launches.

JoeThePro
03-04-2012, 03:46 PM
@Pa3s

Did you have money in your Steam Wallet prior to attempting purchase?

Pa3s
03-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Well, no. Are you sure that this is the reason? Because I don't even get the chance to pay. All buttons freeze once I click on the amount of Realm Gold I want to buy.

JoeThePro
03-04-2012, 05:56 PM
I had already had funds in my Steam Wallet. Prior to putting funds into my wallet, it would freeze. Even after I put funds in my wallet, it froze. However, as soon as I re-enabled my Steam overlay and had funds in my wallet, it worked. Of course, it could have been a fluke, or it could have been an altogether different issue.

I suppose until further word from the devs I would wait to purchase?

flippieflap
03-05-2012, 03:24 PM
Could i be able to register my steam account then log in on the web page version of RotMG with the email i gave in steam, then buy the gold through the web page version and then just continue playing through the steam version and my gold will still be there?

Lokarin
03-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Ya, that's how I had to do it.

flippieflap
03-05-2012, 04:00 PM
Ya, that's how I had to do it.

Ok thanks for the answer, have some rep. ;)

Spendlove
03-06-2012, 10:29 PM
The man is correct.

Use the email address you have linked to Steam to play on the website version. You can buy gold there quickly and easily.

When the transaction is complete, you can close the browser down and when you use Steam to play, your gold will be there.

It worked for me :-)

ogboot
03-07-2012, 08:48 AM
Unfortunately for me, the steam version has no issues with taking my money and providing said realm gold.

Formura
03-07-2012, 02:53 PM
There are the obvious work-arounds like buying the gold on the website, but the only way I'd be able to purchase any for a while (without incurring painful fees based on my payment method) would be with 20 dollars already sitting in my steam wallet.

It turns out the overlay problem is specific to certain users too- the Wildshadow website acknowledges this and is working on a permafix (or have said they need to get to work on a permafix at least). I've confirmed that it's not my settings regarding the overlay, and even on a friend's pc with pretty much every setting set to defaut the overlay still doesn't work.

Perhaps it has to do with connecting your webaccount to your steam profile, when your webaccount is really quite old?

Ho-hum.

Mummylord
03-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Interesting. I would of spent a few bucks but I guess I don't care enough to find a way around it since one vault box isn't that big of deal to me so far. Maybe later when I have more advanced classes they will have fixed the problem by then.

TornadoX
03-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Still doesn't work for me.

I added 10€ to my steam wallet and tried buying gold, but the game interface just freezes. I've never created any account for the game, so I don't think I can buy gold on the website (and don't want to because I already have the money in my steam wallet now).

I wanted to buy 1200 gold... but it seems like they don't want my $10...

Mummylord
03-14-2012, 06:38 AM
Everything is set correctly. I have 10 dollars in my steam account. Still no go.

I don't really want to try the work around after I found my account was empty when I went through rotmg login on my account and found it empty. I just don't trust the process so I will wait for a fix. If they don't want my money it's probably best that way but I would like another character slot and bank box but I can live without the perks. Still, I can't say how long I'll stay hooked when I have to keep suciding characters I like to start another.

I'm relatively new with only 3 20's (wiz,priest,rogue) and so far the necro is my favorite although I've died 4 times now with 11 being my highest reached but that's ok because I like the necro class the best but I would like to keep at least one other character to work on maxxing it.

In closing gentleman/gentlwoman I like the game alot. It's a nice change from 26 years of mmo's of the other kind but in the reality of it all I can live without rotmg (or at least use it as is). If you decide to accept this mission..oops..nm. Slipped into another reality. Forget I said that....

1nyska
09-04-2012, 01:18 PM
If you decide to accept this mission..oops..nm. Slipped into another reality. Forget I said that....

^ HAHAHHAhahahAHAhHAhaha :D

Seriously though, I had money on steam wallet with which I woould like to purchase gold, but since I connected my steam account to an e-mail the overlay doesn't work despite the "solution" offered in this thread.

Please fix this I have a feeling purple frog will disappear before I can buy it!

Sacricarl
07-03-2013, 03:40 AM
I want the lil oryx back too!