PDA

View Full Version : Mines Lava Boss broken. Cannot finish.

MILRTME
03-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Ok. I finally give up. What the heck is the last step on the Mines boss?

SPOILERS
I have flipped the switches on both sides, opened the top, climbed up, moved the boss in to position and made him melt through the floor grate down to the room with the grinder...
Now what? None of the buttons work anymore, I can't make the Darkseeds do anything, there are no switches and the door down to where the boss is trapped is still locked...

After staring dumbly at this for nearly an hour all I've figured out is that pulling the chain for the floor grate again glitches the sound. I haven't even seen the boss in ages. I hate giving up at the end, but I'm starting to go insane.

I have the same Issue. I did everything right. Lava man went down the grate. It showed him in a pile and then he gets back up. I hit the button on the right and you hear noises but dosen't show what I think is him walking into the grinder. The door is still locked, nothing will happen. There's a lot of serious bugs in this game. I've lost Protplasm on every level and been stuck a few times. This one is driving me nuts. I've reset the puzzle and it starts with the 2 levers already pulled. I repeated the process and same thing.

I give up. I reset it, exited to workshop and went back, exit to desktop and gone back and the 2 levers on each side are already opened and I can't move the one to go down to where the boss melted. I tried putting flora on all the buttons up top but nothing works. On my last attempt as the boss drained through the grate I managed to hit the button on the right that should send him to his doom during the "cutscene". Instead of him moving to the left he just fell into a blob on the ground and I'm still stuck. I really wanted to finish this now, but I guess I have to wait until it's fixed. How was this missed?

Anyone else have this problem and manage to get passed it?
The dev said the lava man wasn't getting enough to regenerate. That dosen't seem to be the case but I don't know anymore. I posted this thread so people having this issue would look here instead of finding spoilers about the endgame in the "hints" thread.

warlordship
03-04-2012, 03:13 PM
I give up. I reset it, exited to workshop and went back, exit to desktop and gone back and the 2 levers on each side are already opened and I can't move the one to go down to where the boss melted. I tried putting flora on all the buttons up top but nothing works. On my last attempt as the boss drained through the grate I managed to hit the button on the right that should send him to his doom during the "cutscene". Instead of him moving to the left he just fell into a blob on the ground and I'm still stuck. I really wanted to finish this now, but I guess I have to wait until it's fixed. How was this missed?

Anyone else have this problem and manage to get passed it?
The dev said the lava man wasn't getting enough to regenerate. That dosen't seem to be the case but I don't know anymore. I posted this thread so people having this issue would look here instead of finding spoilers about the endgame in the "hints" thread.

Are you thinking that once you "send him to his doom" by dissolving him through the recently revealed grating, that he should die now? He obviously stops a bit short of the whirling blades of death but is still alive. Have you then tried to send him left at that time?

Don't touch any other buttons. If you dissolve him AGAIN while he is down by the blades, it seems to bug out and prevent him from doing any more orders.

MILRTME
03-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Are you thinking that once you "send him to his doom" by dissolving him through the recently revealed grating, that he should die now? He obviously stops a bit short of the whirling blades of death but is still alive. Have you then tried to send him left at that time?

Don't touch any other buttons. If you dissolve him AGAIN while he is down by the blades, it seems to bug out and prevent him from doing any more orders.

Correct, I was hitting the button on the right a second time because I was a bit to the right of it and ran it over again. It breaks the game everytime. I thought since I heard the "killing sound" from the lava monster after hitting the button a second time that it was dead.

Solved:
After you sent him down the drain, you said you hit the button on the right to send him to his doom?

It should be after you drain him down the level, you hit the button on the left to make him walk(left) into his doom.(the right button make him lose his form to pass through pipes and drains)

You're right. It was because I would hit the button on the right, send him down the drain, then run over the button again after killing the dark blob and he would fall apart again. So I guess if you hit the button on the right a second time you break the game. Thank you. (I guess that's what the dev thought was the issue with not enough lava to regenerate. He never said anything about the other button)