PDA

View Full Version : Quarian = Space Elves

Dr_Pillz_Redux
03-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Tali (http://i40.tinypic.com/d42gi.jpg) proves this.

Kendo
03-05-2012, 08:11 PM
not clicking, exactly why im not coming here anymore :p

GrimCW
03-05-2012, 08:13 PM
and where exactly is that from? looks edited.
even in the books they don't go so far into description of the Quarians aside from one mention of "what passes as ears"
which would decidedly say they have something else...
to boot that'd break all known cannon surrounding the quarians on god knows how many levels simply for being outside and not in an enviro suit.

in short.. not sure if serious or trolling..

Dr_Pillz_Redux
03-05-2012, 08:22 PM
and where exactly is that from? looks edited.
even in the books they don't go so far into description of the Quarians aside from one mention of "what passes as ears"
which would decidedly say they have something else...Elf ears. Nuff said.

to boot that'd break all known cannon surrounding the quarians on god knows how many levels simply for being outside and not in an enviro suit.Uh, BW has retconned a ton of things. A Quarian outside of its suit on Rannoch is pretty believable at this point. :cool:

ParadoxSalem
03-06-2012, 12:03 AM
Tali (http://i40.tinypic.com/d42gi.jpg) proves this.

How dare you, sir, compare beloved Tali to those dirty elves (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FantasticRacism).

EDIT: No, for reals. I hate elves >.>

GrimCW
03-06-2012, 12:47 AM
Elf ears. Nuff said.

no, not nuff said...
elf ears would be nearly human, a reference would simply be similar to that heard in star trek where they rag on roms and vulcans for having pointy ears. Or literally any other medium that has had elf eared characters. They nearly always get pointed out (pun not intended) as such.
ME's referance of something that passes as, would be more like what you see on Krogan, Asari, or any other species.
which isn't much visibly.
something less, or more than, what humans would consider ears.

as for ret conned.. not much was changed between the games, and the books were written by the same writer that wrote 1 and 2. 3 was written by someone else, and Dietz's atrocity.. tbh i won't touch his books with a 150ft pole, so i've never read it, and would personally disregard it anyways. Others have found the reason for my hate towards his bad writing on their own.

tbh the only thing 100% altered in ME3 that i've seen was they took out the players choice on who went to the council as rep. And mayhap, if the the demo was a sign, wrex...

though guess it'll be a wait and see for now since i've only just started 3, and admittedly 3 was written by someone else, so its questionable as to how well it'll stick.

for now i'm not holding my breath on who that is.
and it'd be kinda hard for it to be tali given she wasn't born in a time when the quarians were capable of being outside their suits in non-sterile environments.

rokayt
03-06-2012, 01:38 AM
If this is legit it is one of the following:
1.The image itself is fabricated in universe, a simple "What if they didn't wear masks." Surely, there must be some kind of photoshop in universe. It would be comforting to have a picture of "What I am really like" to look at to supplement the difficulty's of living with that g*dd*mn*d mask every time you looked in the mirror.

2.If this is after the end of the game, the image could have been literal suicide. Certain spoilers would show that she is most likely not going to ever see her loved ones again, and given that galactic communications remained despite the relays been decommissioned, what better way to go out then to tell the galaxy "I, a Quarian, helped save the galaxy, and this is what I really am," as well as fulfilling her dream of inhaling the sent of flowers without it passing through air filters, at least once in her lifetime, even if it is the end of it.

Dr_Pillz_Redux
03-07-2012, 12:41 PM
Confirmed real. BW used a stock model photo and photoshop. Just wow.

ParadoxSalem
03-07-2012, 01:16 PM
Confirmed real. BW used a stock model photo and photoshop. Just wow.

Seconded. I actually found a comparison image, and Kotaku just reported on it.

http://kotaku.com/5891242/gamers-are-now-angry-at-bioware-because-of-an-image-in-mass-effect-3

Bioware: Totally not just phoning it in anymore.

Gentlemen?
03-07-2012, 02:20 PM
I don't see why this is causing such a commotion.

Though I feel sad for you talimancers who were hoping she would be some ugly space squid, and have to make do with beautiful, human-esque Tali. My heart bleeds for you.

Also who gives a crap if it's based on a stock photo. Some of the characters were based on face scans of actors. Shepard himself is based on a Dutch model. You have not uncovered any terrible secret.

ParadoxSalem
03-07-2012, 02:34 PM

Though I feel sad for you talimancers who were hoping she would be some ugly space squid, and have to make do with beautiful, human-esque Tali. My heart bleeds for you.

Also who gives a crap if it's based on a stock photo. Some of the characters were based on face scans of actors. Shepard himself is based on a Dutch model. You have not uncovered any terrible secret.

I was hoping they'd do more than photoshop a stock photo. It's not a terrible secret. It's the developers being lazy.

cakefish
03-07-2012, 02:35 PM
It seems internet forums have become too risky to dwell around any longer. The number of spoilers some of you Americans are spewing out is very annoying. I'm leaving and won't be back until I have played the game. This is exactly why EA should have gone for a simultaneous global launch ARGH!!!

BobT36
03-07-2012, 02:35 PM

"Basing" something is a LOT different than DIRECTLY COPYING it rather than using your own artistic talents. Bioware has MORE than enough resources and experience to come up with their own stuff, rather than directly copy existing.

And oh look, they apparently plagiarised a 2006 image straight from Deviantart for the ending too, albeit with a couple of minor tweaks: (SPOILERS BTW!) http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/944/1331088051951.jpg

The main thing that stands out to me with that is the hands, they basically just photoshopped two fingers off, leaving the hand still proportioned as a human one. Now compare that against Tali's model (http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/844/talinervous4.jpg), where the hands are COMPLTELY different, more E.T style. Lazy LAZY LAZY Bioware. Urgh.

Dr_Pillz_Redux
03-07-2012, 04:08 PM
Also who gives a crap if it's based on a stock photo. Some of the characters were based on face scans of actors. Shepard himself is based on a Dutch model. You have not uncovered any terrible secret.There's a difference between a face scan and just photoshopping a royalty free image you found on the internet.