PDA

View Full Version : Graphical bug with dark fluro

Inskipp
03-07-2012, 05:30 PM
^Title

http://i.imgur.com/FdEZF.jpg

Started to get this bug after I finished couple of puzzles in the mines, and acquired the seeds for dark/light fluro. I'm not sure if they are connected to this, but these are the distinct events I remember when this occurred. Tried to verify the integrity of the game cache, but that didn't fix it.

My specs:

Intel Quad 2 Core E8400
AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series (12.1 Drivers)
Windows 7 64- bit
8GB ram

If someone else has had this problem, let me know if you've found a fix for it.

Hyakitaki
03-07-2012, 08:38 PM
I got this same bug but didn't think much of it.

Graphics card: AMD Radeon 6950

Milenko_T
03-07-2012, 09:55 PM
I am sorry about that, it seems to be programing issue.
Each asset consists of 3 textures- color, normal and alpha.
In this case it is picking color and normal map but not being able to pick alpha.
Slight possibility that it is graphics card related.
Strange loop programmers are currently at GDC, should be back online in a couple of days and I am sure it will be addressed in the next patch.

Cheers,

Milenko

warlordship
03-08-2012, 02:45 PM
Got this to happen twice on two totally different times. Didn't mind it, and it went away on it's own shortly after.

Using a 560 GTX-Ti, so it's not AMD vs Nvidia related.

sprsclr
03-24-2012, 06:53 AM
In my case, I had already seen this bug after I got the erm... 3rd seed, the drinker seed from the Orchard. This was when I went back to the factory and randomly used the drinker seed.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/sprsclr/screenshot/577825611673975237

I've also seen this happening in the mines particularly with the dark fluoro as mentioned by Inskipp.

johnk
03-25-2012, 12:02 AM
Missed this bug for the patch, it's on the hit-list now though. Thanks for reporting.

sprsclr
03-25-2012, 02:54 AM
Thanks for the update, johnk.

Hmm... I'm actually curious as to what the trigger of this problem is. Initially I thought only the drinker fluoro and dark fluoro were affected but I've noticed while trying to get the Chimera achievement that even the seeker fluoro (red seed) also has this problem.

At the Mines before machine #3, I can reproduce this bug consistently but at other places it seems to happen randomly.