PDA

View Full Version : Reverse camera y axis on x box controller

SugarySnax
03-08-2012, 04:16 PM
There doesn't seem to be a way to reverse the y axis on the x box controller. I always set games up so that when I move the thing up the camera goes up.

2) The game does not switch to my X box 360 controller prompts until I start using the X box controller.

3) Even when the in game prompts switch to X box controller prompts, the menu controls are still for the keyboard so I can't go to the options and see which buttons I'm supposed to use on the controller.

DFNathan
03-08-2012, 10:11 PM
There doesn't seem to be a way to reverse the y axis on the x box controller. I always set games up so that when I move the thing up the camera goes up.

Another person reported this as an issue. It's in our tracker. I'll keep you posted about an ETA on a fix for separate X and Y inversion.

2) The game does not switch to my X box 360 controller prompts until I start using the X box controller.

This is by design to make it easy to switch back and forth between keyboard and gamepad.

3) Even when the in game prompts switch to X box controller prompts, the menu controls are still for the keyboard so I can't go to the options and see which buttons I'm supposed to use on the controller.

Hrm. Not sure what's going on here. If you go to the key bindings, you should see 360 buttons in that UI. Do you not? Anyway, will talk to the dev team and post more info when I have it (likely early next week).

Canuck
03-09-2012, 05:57 AM
My game doesn't even seem to be switching to 360 control prompts. It still tells me to use WASD to move even though i have a 360 controller connected.

DGMan54
03-09-2012, 07:28 AM
If you go to the key bindings, you should see 360 buttons in that UI. Do you not? Anyway, will talk to the dev team and post more info when I have it (likely early next week).

I've got this issue as well using a Microsoft wireless 360 controller.

The in-game prompts change properly between k/m and 360, but the controls menu is locked to keyboard only. With the 360 controller I can't scroll down the list to view everything and the 360's "back" button does not work (although it does in other menu screens.) I don't have any way of viewing the key-bindings for the 360 (other than the in-game prompts) but at least they make sense so it's not a big deal.

Seems like you may have ported it to PC a little too well ;)

spiritofcat
03-10-2012, 01:55 PM
I found that turning on "Invert Mouse" in the camera options worked to invert the Y axis on my 360 controller.

I have the same problem with the 360 control bindings not showing up in the options menu.