PDA

View Full Version : WTF is up with these Foresworn?

anthonydraco
03-09-2012, 06:35 AM
Is it just me, or are they so hard to sneak near at all? I'm level 100 in Sneak. Other bandits, I can sneak past their faces, but not these Forsworn. I can't even get near. I touch anything, not just those rattling bone rope, and they start searching immediately. I can't even get close to slash. I can't even snipe them with bow. Well, I can, but once they turn around, despite being considerably far away, they see me, when other type of enemies don't. I'm trying to clear Lost Valley Redoubt and I'm about to put my fist through screen. The in-game time is like... very late at night.

Am I just suck or what?

Seph64
03-09-2012, 06:41 AM
Got any perks in Sneak at all? The perks that reduce footstep noise by 50% and boost the Sneaking Ability should work well enough.

Aside from that, I don't know what to tell ya. Maybe you need to sneak slower.

anthonydraco
03-09-2012, 07:00 AM
I have everything in Sneak tree. AND +33% Sneak amulet.

Ygolnac
03-09-2012, 07:17 AM
It's normal anthonydraco, it's not your fault. Foresworn are even more sensitive to sound than falmers, they can spot you from far away. Backstabbing is not possible, maybe with invisibility, but it's risky.
I say that with 100 sneak, 100 light armor with all perks taken in both, muffle boots, +40% sneak gear, 100 illusion + muffle spell. I can go directly in the face of a normal bandit and stab him in the nose unseen, but a foreswarn spot me 25 meters away.
They also are one of the thouger enemies in the game, dealing a lot of damage, expecially mage type.

When i was lvl 45 i though nothing can hurt me, and i was killed by 4 forswarn in the very same place you are having troubles.
Now i'm 69 (and using a 2x master difficulty mod), and they still scare me, making the reach one of the most dangerous places on skyrim.

Solution is: summon somthing near them or bring a follower: they are still spotting you, but they are going to attack your summon/follower first since they spot it before you.

If you don't want to use followers/summons you must kill them one by one using a bow, and maybe you need a hit and run technique. Invisibility potions/spells are going to be your friends if you want to go solo.

Hope this helps.

harley dude
03-09-2012, 07:19 AM
They do have bionic ears. I used enrage or whatever it is called on the lower level Foresworn to thin them out. Casting muffle also helps along with wearing the DB armor. I cleared that area out on adept so if you are higher difficulty maybe lower it.

The easist way to kill a briarheart is to pick their pocket if you can. There was a sneak bug that could cause the skill to reset to 0 if your sneak skill was 100. Try taking off the sneak increase. One of the work arounds for the bug was lowering the skill to 99.

anthonydraco
03-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the info. It's not just me, then. Maybe I'll give up sneaking on them and slash the heck out of them instead. My Sneak can tank now.

RJ_Firefly
03-09-2012, 11:10 AM
I didn't find the normal Forsworn too hard to sneak around, but the briarheart, yeah. And they can deal some serious damage too. I brought a companion when I did Lost Valley.

queensu
03-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Sneaking outdoors with the sun in your face is extremely hard to do. Best way to take them out is with a bow. Extreme long range sniping and then repositioning yourself helps a lot. They're easy to backstab in a dungeon; the darkness makes a 100 sneak character almost invisible. Don't need any extra sneaking apparels.

The Noobisizer
03-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Sneaking is still bugged as far as I know if you have any enchantments that raise your sneak skill over 100. Try removing anything (aside from muffle) that directly boosts your sneaking ability (if applicable) and see how that works.

If that still isn't working, you could also try removing anything with the muffle enchantment as well, and don't forget to try moving slower as you approach the target to cover all your bases to find the root of the problem.

Zoridium JackL
03-09-2012, 03:54 PM
if you have the last perk in the sneak tree it hardly matters, just exit sneak, engage them, and when they get close re-engage sneak and attack, not only will you get you're 15% bonus damage, but if you get an animation you will see yourself appear from invisibility just as you slit their throats, sometimes they even say "where did you go?" just before you kill them.

Platinumoxicity
03-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Forsworn Briarhearts can sense your presence from 10 meters away, even if you are still, muffled and invisible, in the dark. And even in the easiest difficulty settings they sometimes kill you in one hit, making your corpse fly hundreds of meters into a mountainside. There's something seriously wrong with their level scaling. It's like every attribute of theirs grows exponentially and goes way off scale, if the player reaches a certain level.

Seph64
03-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Forsworn Briarhearts can sense your presence from 10 meters away, even if you are still, muffled and invisible, in the dark. And even in the easiest difficulty settings they sometimes kill you in one hit, making your corpse fly hundreds of meters into a mountainside. There's something seriously wrong with their level scaling. It's like every attribute of theirs grows exponentially and goes way off scale, if the player reaches a certain level.

I guess that is the reason one of them in particular gave me some trouble when it teamed up with a troll to take me down.

I was going through a dungeon (I think to get the Ancient Shrouded Armor set), when a Fornsworn Briarheart and a Troll wiped the floor with me like 2 to 3 times before I was able to deal with them.

KuranesDreamer
03-09-2012, 05:28 PM
I have no problems sneaking around any human-type enemy. Sneaking around large monsters like Dragons or Bears or Trolls, however, can be a pain in the ♥♥♥. It's almost as if there is a "sense of smell" system in the game, so animals SMELL me coming. :eek:

bobczes
03-09-2012, 05:35 PM
It's almost as if there is a "sense of smell" system in the game, so animals SMELL me coming. :eek:

I wasn't going to say anything but now that you mention it, we can all smell you coming.
;)