PDA

View Full Version : I lost all of my stuff. What did I do wrong?

Johnnykey
03-10-2012, 11:17 AM
I just started playing it yesterday with a friend on co-op, we did 3 or 4 levels and then I wanted to stop. I asked my friend to quit but she said the game wouldn't allow (it was showing her some error message), so I quit instead (I was hosting btw).

Since I wasn't familiar with the game yet, I wanted to re-host to see if everything was fine. Turns out my friend has kept all of her upgrades and money, BUT I DIDN'T! I have some few upgrades, 75k and no Shotgun & upgrades (prolly assigned by default if you start from that level, I think it's the 4th) which is quite lower than what I originally had.

So how can I avoid this irritating bug next time?

DnS-Dei
03-11-2012, 05:03 AM
The progress, money, inventory etc is saved at the end of each mission, when the stats are show.
If you quit the game during the following mission and host it later again(Play Co-op->continue campaign) and invite the same co-op partner, everything should be available.
If someone is invited to a co-op campaign game without having a savegame, default settings are used which fit to the progress of the current progress. This way players can continue the campaign with a friend who has not yet played to this point of the game.

Johnnykey
03-11-2012, 05:44 PM
The progress, money, inventory etc is saved at the end of each mission, when the stats are show.
If you quit the game during the following mission and host it later again(Play Co-op->continue campaign) and invite the same co-op partner, everything should be available.
If someone is invited to a co-op campaign game without having a savegame, default settings are used which fit to the progress of the current progress. This way players can continue the campaign with a friend who has not yet played to this point of the game.

Yes, that's the theory anyways, what's supposed to happen, but it didn't. A 3rd time that I tried to load with my (same) friend, I even started with 0 upgrades (not even the default ones for that mission). So I decided to keep playing as 'Single Mission' on online co-op (instead of 'Continue Campaign') so I could at least have the default stuff.

Later on, one or two missions after that, BOTH me and my friend lost all of our stuff as we started the next mission with the default stuff.

Well, I dealt with that, but with due respect Dei, you guys should lower the clock/power amount that the game asks from the hardware, as on the last mission my PC (for once) got noisy and I got temps 10 above the usual that I get in every other game (that includes Alan Wake, The Last Remnant, Sonic Generations, etc). While getting 89 on processor and 80 on video card is still safe, it's not proper. Yes, I tested the said other games 'after' Dead Horde to check that everything was fine with my PC that's still a decent gaming rig (Q8200+HD5850+6GB RAM DDR inside a NOX Coolbay DE tower).