PDA

View Full Version : For those that are having trouble with autosave / no ships in mission 2

Future2012
03-11-2012, 05:18 AM
After comparing my steam version to a friends cd version i found that the steam version was missing
a couple of folders.

The problem is to do with the game looking for a certain folder and by putting it in manually should
fix these two problems.

In C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Genesis Rising
Create three new folders called 'replay','temp' and 'save' (without quotes)

Then in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Genesis Rising\data
Create a new folder called 'scripts' (without quotes)

The actual problem is that the game looks for the temp folder which as you can guess holds temporary data
for ships an such, so when the game changes the map it cant find that data.

Im not sure if the replay and scripts folder are neccessary i just put them there in case.

I hope this finally clears up any problems people are having with the game and like me had no such luck
finding a fix on the internet.

Remorr
03-11-2012, 10:29 AM
Thanks, it really helped.

scoin
04-24-2012, 08:45 PM
im thinking a major problem is people getting the thing to run at all as for some reason our computers dont like the game and create errors with the graphic drivers/card

Kgurnhill
06-04-2012, 12:37 PM
im thinking a major problem is people getting the thing to run at all as for some reason our computers dont like the game and create errors with the graphic drivers/card

Genesis Rising doesnt like older Graphic cards, or integrated graphics it appears, even if the specs match, you will get like hundreds of errors when trying to load it up, and once its loaded asteroids and hte like are all just un-textured blobs!

If you have an integrated GFX id reccomend replacing it asap!