PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing

scorpio1948
03-13-2012, 05:07 AM
I have just received a reply from 'Support' that its impossible to restart Wargame EE from scratch.
Like a lot of gamers, when I first install a new game I experiment with it before starting in serious mode.
Also, what happens when you complete the game, does this mean that you can only play the game once.
If this is the same in all Steam Games, then it puts a big damper on me purchasing more games in this way.

deanco
03-13-2012, 06:04 AM
Dude, there's nothing stopping you from replaying the missions again. It's actually quite fun, and often you won't have gotten all the stars anyway once you've beaten it. Like I said in the other thread, The only thing you can't do is buy different units, but the base units are enough to win the first 3 missions anyway. So I really don't see what the big deal is. I go back and replay Mission 3 from time to time just for fun.

Masher8559
03-13-2012, 07:44 AM
I have replayed through many missions, it really is no big deal if you pick some units you do not use at the start, after a couple missions or some MP games you will have more stars then you will need. When i first bought the game on release, the first 13 stars i got i spent on all british units, most of which i cannot even use in the campaign, i had no clue that i could only use certain units.

However, this didn't really effect me at all, after a couple more missions i had plenty of stars available to unlock the units i needed to get through some of the tougher missions.

Haarvieh
03-13-2012, 01:13 PM
If this is the same in all Steam Games, then it puts a big damper on me purchasing more games in this way.

That has nothing to do with steam. Its just the distribution platform. Its the developers fault for not including player profiles in the game.

scorpio1948
03-14-2012, 02:34 AM
Thanks Guys (and Gals ?)
Perhaps its just me and the way I play. When I first install a game I experiment with it just to see what it can do.
I have another game on steam 'Jagged Alliance BIA' and I have no problems with that.
Can you answer me a question.
Wargame mission three :- If you take out the primary target do you still get a chance to take out the secondary targets or does the mission end with 'Victory', loosing the chance to gain the extra stars.
Thanks
Scorp

danuker
03-14-2012, 05:26 AM
The developers are working on a way to reset the main campaign progress in game, but have you tried this as a manual workaround?

http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2564&hilit=reset+campaign

scorpio1948
03-14-2012, 06:22 AM
Thanks Danuker,
That worked, now I can get rid of those experimental troops I picked in my experimental stage.
Thanks Again
Scorp.
PS:::: No longer dissapointing LOL.

Masher8559
03-14-2012, 09:17 AM
As for your other question, no you cannot. You must get all secondary objectives before the primary because as soon as you complete the primary objective the mission will be over. Honestly, it will take you more than one go to get some of the secondary objectives, some of the missions in this game are quite tough, i can't remember an RTS in recent years where the campaign has given me such a challenge on some objectives. It's refreshing yet frustrating at the same time.

scorpio1948
03-14-2012, 02:15 PM
As for your other question, no you cannot. You must get all secondary objectives before the primary because as soon as you complete the primary objective the mission will be over. Honestly, it will take you more than one go to get some of the secondary objectives, some of the missions in this game are quite tough, i can't remember an RTS in recent years where the campaign has given me such a challenge on some objectives. It's refreshing yet frustrating at the same time.

Thanks Masher
I thought that was the case.
I agree, its good to have a challenge. I have played wargames (mostly historical) for many years. As graphics and AI gets better so does the frustration LOL.