PDA

View Full Version : This game's interface really sucks!!!

asdf8050
03-14-2012, 03:06 AM
:o:(:mad::p:eek::confused:loading Infantry to transport vehicle is too inconvenient!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to left click "a" infantry,

and right click "a" transport vehicle,

and If I missclick, I have to do it again,

and If I use 10 or more infantry units,

I have to do this 10 times!!!!

2012's game interface = Blitzkrieg1

and I can't change hot key,

and when you use recon helicopter, It lands to the land Automatically!!!

and you can't see the enemies!!!

you must click 'change alttitude' manually everytime!!!

HQOFIQ
03-14-2012, 03:16 AM
for the chopper i can help you with the advise to position it above trees so it wont land ...

for the infantry i could imagine some kind of "marriage/link" from infantry to transport so they automatically enter it when asked to do (either the transport or the infantry unit) ...

of course this link has to be editable so you can unlink them and link them again with some other unit, then the LOAD/UNLOAD option would work like a charm

danuker
03-14-2012, 04:30 AM
As much as I like this game, I agree with you that the UI in this game is somewhat lacking. Hopefully the devs will work on it once the other issues are worked out.

1) Besides some of the things you have pointed out, there is no forced reverse (you can do a shift move to the rear)

2) You can't see the route your units will take when you use "quick move", or waypoints you have placed.

3) You can't set units to Return Fire only.

4) You can't (Easily) Hold Fire for many units at once. You can do it for a platoon or a few platoons for toggling them all on/off is a hassle.

5) You sometimes have to baby sit your helis just to get them to land to resupply.

===

You have to manually edit a profile file to change your hotkeys to: http://www.wargame-ee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1118

fiendish78
03-14-2012, 05:20 AM
in fact i'm falling in love with this game but i strongly agree with your observations about the interface

Stealth2668
03-14-2012, 08:36 AM
+1 agreed. The scout helis landing really annoys me. WTF is the point of them if they just land?

Twelvefield
03-15-2012, 07:43 PM
I have trouble unselecting units. I find I have to click-drag every new selection. If I just click on a unit to select it, it just causes the previous units I've selected to go to the spot I clicked. Sometimes, I just doubletap the Esc key to make a deselection.

That, and navigating the main game screen is a chore. Friending someone isn't very intuitive until you've done it.

Scrolling through the units in the deck is a little silly, too. A double click brings up the BUY box, when all I wanted to do was look at the INFO. What I think would be an improvement is if they put another BUY button on the INFO window. That way, if you like what you see, you can just buy it right there.

Stealth2668
03-15-2012, 08:11 PM
Ya I gotta double tap esc too.. really dumb. Good game but needs polishing.

Davudu
03-15-2012, 08:57 PM
Yea I've been neglecting this game due to the interface. I want to love it, but right now I can't.

HQOFIQ
03-16-2012, 01:23 AM
You can setup your desired choice within the option-menu - be it a "sticky"-selection or the opposite, it's up to you ...

deanco
03-16-2012, 05:41 AM
My gripes:

Grabbing a bunch of units - the display at the bottom is terrible. Who thought it was a good idea to put the commander's name in the box? Wouldn't "T72" allow for better ID of units? Yes, it would. Instead, we're stuck with a tiny icon, one of over 300, to ID the unit. And no, mousing over the unit in the list does not open the INFO window. Only 10 units in the group with page up/down keys to get through them is no good.

Finding cover is a pixel hunt. Why is some area cover and some isn't? We don't know. At far zoom levels cover is literally a 1 pixel area.

Making a deck is painful, as has been pointed out.

The only way to insure that units you buy will be available next mission is by going to the next mission. Or ESC ing out and clicking TOE. There is no comparable display from the main menu. Armory is for all units, and Deck is the same.

Loading and unloading troops - forget it. Painful.

Chubz123
03-17-2012, 12:03 PM
I wholeheartedly agree. The gameplay itself is as solid as they come, but good God the interface is horrible.

KillaJules
03-19-2012, 06:00 AM
The interface is supposed to look dated to capture that 80s feeling. Anyone with patience will quickly get used to it. Sadly, people are hostile to what they don't understand.

InAUGral
03-19-2012, 06:59 AM
The interface is supposed to look dated to capture that 80s feeling. Anyone with patience will quickly get used to it. Sadly, people are hostile to what they don't understand.

I agree with this guy. I had the beta and trust me the Interface is much better and in its present state is very useable once you learn it. A new interface for the Deck building and / or easier unit searching in the Armoury so you can Click NATO or WARPAC instead of each nation itself as that can take longer to press buttons. I have suggested it on the official forum and it will probably be changed, I suggest you go to the official forum and suggest any changes you deem worthy. Although some of your complaints will just get laughed at on the official forums.

EDIT: At OP seriously WTF Getting infantry into an APC is as easy as selecting them then right clicking.