PDA

View Full Version : Scoreboard Avatar Pics?

RichNagel
03-14-2012, 04:36 PM
In Counter-Strike and Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, there are avatar pics displayed in the scoreboard for any humans that are playing in the game on the server. These avatars are only displayed if your games' video resolution is set for 1024x768 (or higher).

I just got myself a new video card, and now am running the games' at 1024x768... I used to run them at 800x600 (due to poor performace for any higher video resolutions). I now see the avatar pics in the scoreboards for CS and CS:CZ, but none in Day of Defeat.

Does DoD support displaying these avatars in the game's scoreboard?

According to this, on the Day of Defeat version history page ( http://www.steampowered.com/platform/update_history/index.php?id=30 )

October 22, 2008 - Half-Life 1 Engine Update Released

A new set of Steamworks features have been released for all Half-Life 1 engine multiplayer games: Counter-Strike 1.6, Condition Zero, Team Fortress Classic, Deathmatch Classic, Ricochet, Day of Defeat and Half-life 1 Deathmatch. The update includes Steamworks features such as player avatars in the scoreboard when playing Counter-Strike and Condition Zero.

acetamino
03-15-2012, 02:59 PM
I have never seen that feature in dod 1.3. I'm willing to say that it was only for CS and CS:CZ.

dod:source does have it though.

RichNagel
03-15-2012, 03:16 PM
I have never seen that feature in dod 1.3. I'm willing to say that it was only for CS and CS:CZ. dod:source does have it though.

Thanks for the info :) I have a hunch that Valve simply made a typo/incorrect information in their changelog for HL1.

I wish that it worked in HL1-DoD though... I remember reading old posts from CS players (when Valve first added the feature) saying that they absolutely HATED it.

I myself like the feature... it makes it a lot easier to see/differentiate between my human buddies in the scoreboard, and the CS/CS:CZ bots that I'm running (for DoD, I run SturmBot).