PDA

View Full Version : Crosshair

stanka410
03-14-2012, 07:54 PM
Is it possible to stop the crosshair from expanding when you switch to different weapons?

Guyver.
03-14-2012, 11:52 PM
I doubt it.

INsane_dod
03-15-2012, 02:47 AM
Should be with scripts.
Here are some crosshair commands. (http://www.dodbits.com/dods/index.php/css/css-console-commands/3-css-crosshair-cvars)

aim4it
03-15-2012, 08:35 AM
Those cvars will not do what hes asking. The base accuracy for the crosshairs comes from the weapon equipped and those are hard coded values and not tweak-able by cvars.

The best those cvars will give you is turning off crosshair relative accuracy animation (cl_dynmaiccrosshair), and size (cl_crosshairsize). Alternatively you could could back to using the old scale mode of sizing, but its inconstant with the accuracy and recoil updates.

I suppose you could try to make the crosshairs really really small(or big) to make it seem solid, but I'm not aware of anyway to disable crosshair animations completely.

Basically hes asking for a universal crosshair across all weapons, which the only way to do that is to hack the render and make your own crosshairs.

INsane_dod
03-15-2012, 10:49 PM
Those cvars will not do what hes asking.

Seems straight forward to me, the op's question...
Is it possible to stop the crosshair from expanding when you switch to different weapons?

The answer is yes with binds and more if you wish using those commands (http://www.dodbits.com/dods/index.php/css/css-console-commands/3-css-crosshair-cvars)....

If you use the new system...
Main gun standard crosshair, standard slot...
bind "1" "slot1; cl_dynamiccrosshair 1; cl_crosshairsize 5; cl_crosshairthickness 0.5"

Pistol slot 2 and it is non dynamic, also thicker, smaller...
bind "2" "slot2; cl_dynamiccrosshair 0; cl_crosshairsize 2; cl_crosshairthickness 1"

INsane_dod
03-16-2012, 02:39 PM
There is another way as well, to be sure if the OP can post back...switching between what weapons...

Main gun and pistol
Or a crosshair type for each particular weapon when selected?

stanka410
03-16-2012, 09:26 PM
There is another way as well, to be sure if the OP can post back...switching between what weapons...

Main gun and pistol
Or a crosshair type for each particular weapon when selected?

I mean a static crosshair that remains the same no matter what I pick up/hold,

INsane_dod
03-17-2012, 12:13 AM
I mean a static crosshair that remains the same no matter what I pick up/hold,

Just unclick "Dynamic" box in "Options" - "Multiplayer".
But if you use the shotguns they expand out, you may need cl_crosshairspreadscale 0.7

Failing that try to enter these commands to enable the old crosshair type in console...
"cl_legacy_crosshair_scale 1; cl_legacy_crosshair_recoil 0; cl_crosshairscale 1200; cl_dynamiccrosshair 3"