PDA

View Full Version : Cheater on the leaderboard?

Lurpsukka
03-17-2012, 05:26 AM
There's one guy with score of 37k on the first level while everyone else hovers around 9.2k. I don't think it's possible to get that good score. He has same kind of scores on other levels as well.

SeonR
03-17-2012, 05:33 AM
He might have found an exploit, though I am not sure where/how.

What's his name and which game mode?

Lurpsukka
03-17-2012, 05:38 AM
He might have found an exploit, though I am not sure where/how.

What's his name and which game mode?

Name is Rossald
Classic game mode
First three maps

SeonR
03-17-2012, 05:47 AM
I dont think his scores are that far fetched as to be cheating. It is possible to earn bigger scores by killing enemies as close to their base as possible and killing many at a time to lift the score multiplier.

The easiest way to do that is click on the wave indicator while its counting down between waves to send in the next wave early allowing for more enemies grouped together, making score multipliers much easier to obtain if you have enough firepower to focus on them.

Use a bunch of Mortar guys as they leave stacks of shrapnel around for enemies to kill themselves on.

Give it a try and see how your scores go.

There is a more strategy in Cubemen than first meets the eye :-)

Jani666
03-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Hmm, this Rossald guy has exactly 1.000.000 on the wall endless now and 37.000 and something on all other levels he "played".
I think you should take a closer look at him.

Bgretydews
03-17-2012, 08:54 AM
I dont think his scores are that far fetched as to be cheating. It is possible to earn bigger scores by killing enemies as close to their base as possible and killing many at a time to lift the score multiplier.

The easiest way to do that is click on the wave indicator while its counting down between waves to send in the next wave early allowing for more enemies grouped together, making score multipliers much easier to obtain if you have enough firepower to focus on them.

Use a bunch of Mortar guys as they leave stacks of shrapnel around for enemies to kill themselves on.

Give it a try and see how your scores go.

There is a more strategy in Cubemen than first meets the eye :-)

37000 is nowhere near possible

ph137ch
03-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Hmm, this Rossald guy has exactly 1.000.000 on the wall endless now and 37.000 and something on all other levels he "played".
I think you should take a closer look at him.
About to submit my insane, one million + score. See screenshot (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198021349032/screenshot/488879030257494348). Mike, the medic, always being the goose, and (pictured) there is a foe off square shooting my cubemen but they aren't targeting it. Lazlo are not worth your cubes and its sfx often is stuck on a loop (bug) and this cannot be muted (in-game). Grill rush spawn camping works when it works, game almost plays itself. I can alt+tab, requiring my attention every minute or so for upkeep. Rossald guy probably thinking, that's that...

Gonna let them overrun me now... and that's that.

Lurpsukka
03-17-2012, 01:20 PM
About to submit my insane, one million + score. See screenshot (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198021349032/screenshot/488879030257494348). Mike, the medic, always being the goose, and (pictured) there is a foe off square shooting my cubemen but they aren't targeting it. Lazlo are not worth your cubes and its sfx often is stuck on a loop (bug) and this cannot be muted (in-game). Grill rush spawn camping works when it works, game almost plays itself. I can alt+tab, requiring my attention every minute or so for upkeep. Rossald guy probably thinking, that's that...

Gonna let them overrun me now... and that's that.

I think he meant the endless score was exactly one mil. Not the score itself since endless is broken right now.

Jani666
03-17-2012, 04:05 PM
I think he meant the endless score was exactly one mil. Not the score itself since endless is broken right now.

So it is.

Lurpsukka
03-21-2012, 03:22 AM
Someone has 901430 on the arrow level classic

Shame to see this game getting hacked but I guess it's inevitable with every pc title that has leaderboards.

SeonR
03-21-2012, 05:23 AM
I've blocked his score. I would love to know how they are doing it :-)

There just ardent enough men being spanned to earn such scores.

FlightOfGrey
03-21-2012, 07:18 PM
I can't figure it out either, could it be something to do with how you are sending the data to the highscores server maybe? They could potentially be sending false data or maybe editing their save file or something?

Sceler
06-15-2012, 12:01 PM
I can't figure it out either, could it be something to do with how you are sending the data to the highscores server maybe? They could potentially be sending false data or maybe editing their save file or something?

ahh, this reminds me of retribution multiplayer. The leaderboards Once upon a far away time filled with great warriors, now filled with hackers ignored by Relic.