PDA

View Full Version : Need a confirmation on buying Max Payne 1.2 on Steam

Marco11
03-18-2012, 10:24 AM
As the thread title said before that i need a confirmation from anyone tried to play the two parts of Max Payne on Windows 7 32bit and have no problems and the game works fine so i can buy them!!!!

DarkjeThe2nd
03-18-2012, 12:10 PM
max1 you may need a small patch if your sound does not work, see top of this forum.
max2 you need nothing, it will work out of the box.

Marco11
03-18-2012, 12:25 PM
max1 you may need a small patch if your sound does not work, see top of this forum.
max2 you need nothing, it will work out of the box.

Are you sure about Max Payne 2??? , as i heard a lot of users here faces so many problems on windows 7 like the game does not open!

Lord_Gannondorf
03-18-2012, 10:53 PM
I've just played through Max Payne 1 with the above mentioned sound patch -- worked just fine.

I'm currently ~2 hours into Max Payne 2 and have had no issues. Works just fine.

Marco11
03-19-2012, 12:42 AM
I've just played through Max Payne 1 with the above mentioned sound patch -- worked just fine.

I'm currently ~2 hours into Max Payne 2 and have had no issues. Works just fine.

That's very good
Thanks alot guys for your confirmations!

DarkjeThe2nd
03-19-2012, 05:57 AM
I won't deny some people get errors, it's in the nature of pc gaming, no config is the same and problems do happen, but generally speaking you should be fine.

If you unexpectedly do have problems, report back here and I or some other user will try to help out.

Happy gaming! Darkje

Marco11
03-19-2012, 08:42 AM
I won't deny some people get errors, it's in the nature of pc gaming, no config is the same and problems do happen, but generally speaking you should be fine.

If you unexpectedly do have problems, report back here and I or some other user will try to help out.

Happy gaming! Darkje

Yeah you are right, but anyway i will have them for sure as fast as possible as i love this game so much so no matter what problems i'am going to face.

Thanks alot for your help!

spyrochaete
03-19-2012, 11:52 AM
I've played the Steam versions of Max Payne 1 and 2 on Vista, Windows 7, and now Windows 8 (all 64 bit) and they've all worked perfectly. I needed the sound patch for Max Payne 1 but that was easy enough.

MADDOGGE
03-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Both work fine on Win7 64 if you patch the first one.

chicken64
03-23-2012, 05:39 PM

Yep, same here. Used the sound patch linked on these forums for Max Payne 1, worked perfectly.

Max Payne 2 worked fine without any tweaks.

Using Windows 7 x64, just fyi. Both are great games, had a blast revisiting them. Enjoy them! :)