PDA

View Full Version : Avoid this game if you're looking for a challenge.

SiberianPenguin
03-21-2012, 04:33 AM
long story short, i played most of the levels in this game including the insane difficulty ones which are supposedly the hardest and they all end up looking like this http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/540670735583381250/B1C4561D306B5040B2FE0EA454BB8F17649CF45D/

the first few waves are spent amassing these guys and every wave after that except the last one on a few levels is spent waiting for the map to end. once your guys are spawn camping it's gg. game was only 4 bucks so I'm not gonna complain too much but still, save it if you're looking for something difficult.

kanthall
03-21-2012, 04:53 AM
New, harder maps will arrived. For someone the difficulty of the game can be different, so You can't talk about game in this way. Game should be fun, not frustrating as hell.

SiberianPenguin
03-21-2012, 05:08 AM
Game should be fun, not frustrating as hell.

agreed. fun comes from challenges which the current maps lack. hoping the new ones provides it.

SeonR
03-21-2012, 05:20 AM
agreed. fun comes from challenges which the current maps lack. hoping the new ones provides it.

So, because you chose to occupy every spot with a GRILL instead of finding a more elegant strategy, the game isn't challenging? Come on... That's ridiculous.

Try being more inventive. It's not just about brute forcing the game, it's about having fun and trying different things.

So, try playing limited towers? Limited Cubes? See how long you last with Just Rockets.

Sorry, don't mean to be rude, but your post is ridiculous. Go play a skirmish level and try what you just did with Classic mode. See how long you last.

The game is way more challenging than thou have tried.

stinkypantsr
03-21-2012, 05:33 AM
Indeed if you don't like things being easy don't take the easy route out. Also I would think after awhile player vs player skirmish would become quite challenging.
The game is also still having things changed/added so before advising someone away from the game it might be nice to see how it pans out.

SiberianPenguin
03-21-2012, 06:19 AM
Sorry, don't mean to be rude, but your post is ridiculous. Go play a skirmish level and try what you just did with Classic mode. See how long you last.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/540670735585088353/B3FB609421B90EC66FE3E7C39954F13D54310587/

SeonR
03-21-2012, 07:18 AM
Show me at wave 20, then on limited towers and limited cubes, then on rockets... there is enough in this game for a challenge for everyone. If you find the basic stuff to easy, try the harder stuff.

A blanket "this is not challenging" is just incorrect.

Emilianox94
03-21-2012, 11:12 AM
Thanks siberia! i really wanted a challenge but looking to your post now i realize that it 'd be wasted money.

stinkypantsr
03-21-2012, 11:21 AM
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2601678
different folks different views. I would not describe this as a waste of money at all.

Lurpsukka
03-21-2012, 11:32 AM
There are loads of different modes to choose from. Try some of the other modes before spouting nonsense. Besides, real men play with other characters than just grills :)

FlightOfGrey
03-21-2012, 07:32 PM
That's a ridiculous arguement you have here, it's like saying "I beat Call Of Duty on the easiest difficulty therefore the game's too easy, avoid it if you want a challenge." (This isn't a comment of Call Of Dutys difficulty btw)

If you really want a challenge, go for the highscores, I doubt you're getting anywhere near some of the highest scores by simply spamming grills.

If that's not enough go and complete ripples and circuit on limited men and limited cubes, then come back and say the game is too easy.If you do manage this I will also kneel before you.

SeonR
03-21-2012, 07:53 PM
I'ts ok guys. I got annoyed with the original OP's comments, not because he found it too easy (he might be a master gamer) but because rather than just accepting it was too easy, he deliberately & publicly warned other people against buying.

But I am over it. It's a free world and the OP is entitled to his own opinion and how he spreads it. Ultimately, smart people will try the game themselves and find their own challenge in the myriad of gameplay options, rather than take one persons view on it as gospel.

Lets now leave this thread alone and move on to bigger and better things.

purplellama
04-02-2012, 05:28 PM
i think the reason its boring is because you're just using the cheapest strategy possible.
i've found it pretty challenging so far, but i've been going for a mix of units.
some people enjoy playing games different ways though, up to you.
maybe they just need to throw a unit at you that can specifically kill those units you use?

ReadyMan
04-02-2012, 09:02 PM
I wish they would delete this thread, as reading this kind of ruined the game. I had a few levels I couldnt beat at all, and others I could only get gold on. They were very frantic and fast paced...interesting and fun.
Now I can beat all the levels with this strategy.
Please delete his posts so it doesnt ruin it for others.
--At least I have multiplay with my friends--
This is a terrific game...hope the creator of the game fixes this cheap strategy.

Enigma314
04-02-2012, 10:22 PM
There has to be a way for this strategy to get nerfed.

Perhaps make one of the enemies you see in the later waves immune to grills?
Or make the cost of grills start rising once you amass like 10 of them?

SapientWolf
04-03-2012, 03:55 AM
There has to be a way for this strategy to get nerfed.

Perhaps make one of the enemies you see in the later waves immune to grills?
Or make the cost of grills start rising once you amass like 10 of them?
That, and make a "par" number of Cubemen for each level and start subtracting score for fielding more than necessary. If you just fill the board with Grills that's close to zero effort and the points awarded should reflect that.

SeonR
04-12-2012, 04:23 PM
This "cheat" issue has been addressed in the 1.0.6 update. Unit costs now go up 1 cube for the number of that unit on the level, so eventually GRILL's will cost you more than a Flamer or Rocket guy if you try to spam the level with them.

I invite the OP to update and try it out again :-)

Sceler
06-15-2012, 11:53 AM
long story short, i played most of the levels in this game including the insane difficulty ones which are supposedly the hardest and they all end up looking like this http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/540670735583381250/B1C4561D306B5040B2FE0EA454BB8F17649CF45D/

the first few waves are spent amassing these guys and every wave after that except the last one on a few levels is spent waiting for the map to end. once your guys are spawn camping it's gg. game was only 4 bucks so I'm not gonna complain too much but still, save it if you're looking for something difficult.

Thanks for your advice! Now I won't buy the game based on an unfounded and (As shown by others) ill-informed opinion from a single person who answers the Dev. himself with his hands full of self-made-pride.

*Kof* What I meant is that I would need to have half of my yet alive brain cells killed by some sort of intoxicating substance to take a "This is too easy, don't buy it!" seriously[/Irony clarification zone]

Every person is a world, if someone reads this thread and seriously reconsiders buying the game, [I]that someone is making a serious mistake. You've to probe the difficulty of something by yourself.