PDA

View Full Version : "No-fall mode"?

^Pb | Ground Ma
03-21-2012, 04:10 PM
One of my friends who has played Oath of Felghara on PSP told me about a no-fall mode in the game. There's evidence that the same mode is in the Steam version (especially the "Bad At Platformers" achievement), but I cannot figure out how to turn it on. There's no toggle in the Options menu of the configuration menu that I can see.

How do I activate no-fall mode?

*ZrK*
03-21-2012, 04:16 PM
F1 activates no-fall-mode.

Wyrdwad
03-21-2012, 04:21 PM
It's only available if you play on Very Easy difficulty, though (maybe Easy as well? I don't recall off-hand). Definitely not available on Normal or higher, though.

-Tom

^Pb | Ground Ma
03-21-2012, 05:14 PM
So noted, thank you!

Hyakitaki
03-21-2012, 05:15 PM
One of my friends who has played Oath of Felghara on PSP told me about a no-fall mode in the game. There's evidence that the same mode is in the Steam version (especially the "Bad At Platformers" achievement), but I cannot figure out how to turn it on. There's no toggle in the Options menu of the configuration menu that I can see.

How do I activate no-fall mode?

The no fall mode was kinda a bad idea in my opinion... You have to fall in certain places to obtain hidden treasure chests with powerful items. You are better off without it IMO.

KawaiiSara
03-21-2012, 05:16 PM
The no fall mode was kinda a bad idea in my opinion... You have to fall in certain places to obtain hidden treasure chests with powerful items. You are better off without it IMO.

You can toggle it on and off any time using F1 though, in Very Easy only of course.
There's not much of a drawback since you can turn it off again as necessary.

Hyakitaki
03-21-2012, 05:36 PM
You can toggle it on and off any time using F1 though, in Very Easy only of course.
There's not much of a drawback since you can turn it off again as necessary.

Ya I was just saying there were times I fell by accident and noticed a chest on the way down. So I climbed back up, and fell on purpose to get it.

AskaLangly
03-22-2012, 09:50 AM
I just dunno why this was implemented in the first place. The Debug Codes, however... it is worth it. :3

Stexred
03-22-2012, 12:17 PM
if you use the no fall f1
it will save you just 1 time
after that you have to press it again
so in certain parts it could be useful

JimD
06-26-2012, 11:01 AM
Interesting, I had not idea how to get this achievement.