PDA

View Full Version : Important Update regarding hardware compability (Good news!)

EdenIndustries
03-22-2012, 01:45 AM
Great news everyone! I managed to get my hands on a dusty old machine with a horrible intel graphics card. And luckily (depending on how you look at it) Waveform did not run on it! So I managed to fix up a ton of crashes and graphical errors that are likely affecting users out there. I'll let you know when the build goes live on Steam so that you can grab the update. Looks like I'll be pulling an all-nighter to get it done, but it'll be worth it :)

I hope this should fix most of the issues out there, but please continue to let me know if you encounter errors! Your assistance, and patience, is greatly appreciated.

On that note I also want to say a big thank-you to everyone who has supported Waveform thus far. I know the launch was a bit disappointing for some people that had problems running the game, and for that I really do apologize. But in an attempt to make it up to you, I have good news! We'll be releasing free DLC for early supporters as a way of saying thank you for sticking with us during the launch period. The DLC will consist of a new planet, which of course means a new object to interact with, a new set of levels, and a brand new Deep Space Mode themed around that planet. I aim to release it in about a month, and it'll be free upon release and for a while thereafter as a gift to the early supporters of Waveform. When it'll stop being free after that will largely depend on when my landlord comes calling for rent :).

So, in conclusion, thanks to everyone for your patience while I've been addressing the issues you've been having with Waveform. I hope free DLC will make it up to you, and I'll update this post when the new build is ready to grab via Steam.

As always, if you have any questions or are encountering any problems with Waveform, feel free to post in this forum or even e-mail me directly at ryan@edenindustries.ca

Thanks everyone!

Edeslash
03-22-2012, 08:16 AM
I really have to congratulate you for the great work you've done so far. You are extremely active here on the forums, helping every player personally so far.

And really, the launch of the game was not overwhelmingly buggy at all. The problems seem to affect a small portion of player (from what I've seen). I haven't had a single problem.

Then you go and tell us you'll release free DLC to make up for the launch.

Awwwww. :3

EdenIndustries
03-22-2012, 10:38 AM
Thanks Edeslash! I'm just trying to do right by the customers and supporters :)

Anyway as a bit of an update, I submitted the new build to Valve this morning, so I'm hoping it'll go up soon. It's been about 2 hours, which is actually quite a long turn-around time. But there seems to be a lot of activity on the main page today, so I guess it's a bit of a waiting game. I pulled an all-nighter getting it ready, so I'd really like confirmation that the build is live and working so I can take a nap...;)

Anyway, thanks for your patience everyone, I really hope this update fixes most of the problems going on out there!

Niban
03-22-2012, 10:49 AM
Seems to be unofficially released. Steam just started updating the game for me.

EdenIndustries
03-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Main game seems to be, demo not yet. Has anyone that was unable to run Waveform before tried the new version out? I'm curious to see if it helped you :)

Olip96
03-22-2012, 12:15 PM
I love you. Definitely.

I'm actually posting this from a school computer, I just really hope the game will work when I'll get back at home. :)

EdenIndustries
03-22-2012, 12:42 PM
I love you. Definitely.

I love you too Olip...just don't tell my wife ;)

Anyway I've got one confirmation that the update fixed the game for them. Anyone else have something nice to report? Or (hopefully not) something bad?