PDA

View Full Version : Chat dialogues skipping halfway through in Deus Ex GOTYE.

TheGanj
03-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Just picked up the game and I noticed while doing the tutorial, the NPCs chat dialogue would stop half way through explaining something. This was happening with almost every instance where the NPC would talk to me. I wouldn't press any buttons or move the mouse and the issue still occurred.

It's even more of a problem during cutscenes. After I finished training and started the game, the same problem effected the opening cutscene. Instead of being able to read conversations, I miss information and what's going on on the screen, because I'm trying to read ahead.

Any one have this issue or know of any fixes? I'm going to install Biomod here shortly, I'm hoping it may fix the issue.

lucky88shp
03-24-2012, 06:40 PM
Is the game running really faster, or faster than normal? I would say just get the DX10 renderer and would recommend the New Vision mod for updated high res textures. What's the biomod btw? (Too lazy to google! :))

LordMonkfishI
03-26-2012, 03:22 AM
Had the same problem when I bought this game yesterday and tried to watch the intro cutscene.

After fiddling with the all audio settings to no avail, I later discovered the problem was I was the OpenGL rendering setting. If you've got that selected, then I'd recommend switching to Direct 3D support instead.

Hope that helps.