PDA

View Full Version : Did the patch nerf destruction? I lost 20 pts...

paulo_230
03-24-2012, 04:32 PM
On fireball. I had 80 pts now I'm at 60 at skill 74. It seems my flames aren't stunning very often either. Bows somehow lost 9pts of damage and this was something I already fixed because another mod was nerfing it. Started game, had 30 pts, clicked on it had 41. Before i had 48. I haven't changed a thing, why do they want to drive me crazy? And then I finally notice the waffle pattern on rocks which is giving me a headache, like the shadow of a mesh. I don't use ssao so don't think that's it. It seemed to have worked ok for a day and then, nope, not today. I guess they want to drive everyone to the mmo to pay to play?

SixSixSix
03-24-2012, 07:22 PM
A lot of archery characters have noticed a steep increase in bow damage.

My characters' bow damage went from 36 to 88 after 1.5 was installed.

Another of my characters bow damage went from 120 to 221.

A number of players on this forum and the Bethesda forum have noticed a similar increase.

This patch is having some very strange effects. Sorry your damage went the other way - hopefully Bethesda will fix it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Good luck.

Haldur
03-24-2012, 07:47 PM
If this is true, then that can explain some of the difficulty I'm experiencing as a caster (I've recently had to turn the difficulty down quite a bit).

Just about every mod that plays with weapons and/or magic is going to have to be rebalanced, I suppose, as well.

Gelda
03-25-2012, 02:14 AM
I had 55 levels of destruction and after the patch i lost 35 levels of destruction don't know why that happend.

I also noticed decreased bow damage as well and I have 100 in archery with all the perks in the perk tree.

My best bow had 378 damage on it and now it has 178 damage. so I lost 200 damage points on my best bow....

Then today i picked up a dwarven bow with 270 damage on it so I'm using that one and not going to enchant it or grind it. Just use it as is.....

Meow....

paulo_230
03-25-2012, 06:20 AM
Yeah, I saw other people getting more on bow, but I'm more concerned that I've been dying to get to level 75 on destruction and I'm almost there and then bam, I lose points everywhere on damage. Gelda, check to see you don't have a mod nerfing your bow, I had one but it sort of froze my skill level so may not apply. My levels and perks are the same.

Well ranting aside, my bow damage at least came back after I levelled once. Destruction is still stunted though even 3 levels later.