PDA

View Full Version : Good Deal for Both Drakensang Games + Expansion (DVD) on Amazon

Batguano
03-24-2012, 09:02 PM
I had/have The River of Time I bought through Impulse, and was thinking about picking up the first and the expansion on the cheap.

The only place I saw them was Gamersgate, and I wasn't sure if the expansion would work with the Impulse version, so I thought I'd check good old Amazon.

And, nice! They have the whole shebang for $15 on DVD.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005OGYVKU/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

It has The Dark Eye and The River of Time with the Phileasson's Secret.

Even better deal if you have Prime (I do, and yes, I order a lot of stuff from Amazon:)) and get it the two-day shipping for free.

Just got it and am installing the first now. I didn't know there was a optional 4Gig hi-res texture pack for the first.

Since I only paid $4 for the River of Time when it was on sale, I am calling my Drakensang bundle a steal at $20 total.

Don't know what kind of DRM (if there is any) on it yet. The DVD has no CD key on it all. Nor any quick sheet key control manual.. hmmm. No PDF in the install directory.. grumble :( Guess I gotta find on the web.

Bats

PhantomLord
07-12-2012, 10:25 AM
That is a good deal and I see it for $11.99 + shipping. However, I'm still willing to pay a little more for the convenience of Steam.

The manual is available on the Steam store page and the last page has a hot key list.

Forsythia
07-12-2012, 12:56 PM
That is a good deal and I see it for $11.99 + shipping. However, I'm still willing to pay a little more for the convenience of Steam.

The manual is available on the Steam store page and the last page has a hot key list.

If only Drakensang 2 was available outside of the US on Steam. :(

Smelly Fox
07-12-2012, 01:04 PM
If only Drakensang 2 was available outside of the US on Steam. :(

I bought it along with Phileasson's secret through a proxy on gamersgate, haven't had any problem. If you want a digital copy you have no choice anyway, they have never been release outside of the US and Germany and never will be.

the_gallagher
07-15-2012, 02:16 AM
Is the physical version of Drakensang 1 activable on Steam?

Smelly Fox
07-15-2012, 02:48 AM
Nope.

Doctor_Hades
08-09-2012, 03:11 AM
I picked up the Drakensang Collection from Amazon UK last week for a fiver which is an absolute bargain IMO for two great RPGs and an expansion. Packaging was a bit cheap though with a cardboard slip case over a blank DVD case (i.e. the case itself has no sleeve). If the lack of a sleeve is to keep costs down then why have a slip case as would surely have cost more to manufacture? Odd.

Anyway, I'm really enjoying the first (The Dark Eye) so far even if it is a bit rough around the edges (minimal voice-acting, wonky camera and very pleasant but far from outstanding visuals and animation). It seems to have been well-translated, the characters are interesting and the story so far has been entertaining (solving a murder).

My only gripes were the sudden ramp in difficulty in the Town Hall and some confusion over how to actually use potions etc. Also, unless you set the Party A.I. to aggressive the other CPU controlled characters tend to stand around and not fight. Minor hiccups though in what is an enjoyable game so far (played for about three or four hours).

Daiichi
08-09-2012, 01:37 PM
My only gripes were the sudden ramp in difficulty in the Town Hall and some confusion over how to actually use potions etc. Also, unless you set the Party A.I. to aggressive the other CPU controlled characters tend to stand around and not fight. Minor hiccups though in what is an enjoyable game so far (played for about three or four hours).

I'm playing the first now as well. I'm very far in. The start was hard, but after a decent way into the game it has become much easier.

Anyways, best way to play is to actually have your characters set on defensive. Make sure they all are selected then left click a mob and they'll all attack it.

With aggressive they will charge after first thing they see and may cause an accidental pull of extras that you could of avoided.
Also forcing them to come to you instead of you going to them gives your archers/range classes time to kill a few before the group even reaches you.

Also defensive will help avoid pulls before you had a chance to buff your party before the fight.

I just leave them on defensive and pause a lot to issue orders(holding ctrl down while selecting abilities will allow you to queue several).

Anyways, I'm really enjoying it. Will have to get the second one when I can.

Doctor_Hades
08-09-2012, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the tips, Daiichi. :)