PDA

View Full Version : 20% Off Pre-order until Apr. 16th

Workaholic
03-26-2012, 01:31 PM
BD is really awesome on the 360 and now its coming out on PC. Personally I cant wait to give it a go on my PC with sharper graphics/higher res and keyboard mouse controls - its gottsa be aweomes

anyway you guys can currently pre-order binary domain (http://www.greenmangaming.co.uk/games/action/binary-domain/) @ 20% off from gmg just enter voucher code PROMO-FESTI-VAL20 which is valid until 16th April ;)

bdo7
03-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the coupon code. It worked for me. (At least, according to Green Man Gaming. I've never used them before.) I guess we'll find out on release day... they say I'll be provided with a key then.

I must say, checking out with GMG was a HUGE hassle. They wouldn't take my PayPal account because my checking account is not linked to it (even though I use PayPal ALL THE TIME with other vendors), and when I tried to use my Visa, I had to go through that "verified by Visa" crap. Of course, I haven't used that password in, what, five years or more?

I was able to reset my verified by visa password and complete my purchase with about 50 seconds left on the 15-minute "purchase clock" on Green Man Gaming. It was one of the worst e-commerce experiences I have ever had... not using them again!

Anyway, thanks for the coupon. Now let's hope this PC port doesn't suck. :)

Cerzel
03-26-2012, 02:33 PM
GMG does say when you sign up to make sure to use the same email as you use for Paypal. I don't know how you missed that.
I used Visa and also didn't have any trouble with the verifying.
Thanks for the tip, Workaholic.

BC2 Cypher
03-26-2012, 05:07 PM
Great now I have to cancel my pre-order from steam.

I wasn't even thinking if GMG would have any pre-order discounts.

flamedance58
03-26-2012, 10:34 PM
How do you Cancel a Steam Pre-Order?

bdo7
03-27-2012, 12:44 AM
Contact Valve customer service and hope they'll be kind - the thing about Steam pre-orders is that you've already given them money. (They will most likely refund it, don't worry.)

Cerzel - I didn't say my PayPal email address didn't match the one I gave GMG. I used the same email address. I said that my checking account was not linked to my PayPal account, and that's why they wouldn't let me use PayPal. I don't know how you missed that. ;)

For a company that has a statement like "Thank you for helping us to fight fraud" on every page during the checkout process, it's inconsistent to force people to hand their checking account information over to a company like PayPal. Doing so effectively removes a layer of fraud prevention. Because I only have a credit card associated with my PayPal account, and not an actual checking account, that's more security for me. But that's just the way I look at it, I guess.

And I wouldn't mind "verified by Visa" if more vendors actually used it. This was the first time in YEARS that I had to jump through that particular hoop. If I did it all the time, I would have been able to remember (or at least find!) my password, and it would have been no problem. As it was, I had to do a password reset, which took a couple false starts until I finally realized which piece of info I was getting wrong.

I believe strongly in security. I use strong passwords, never use the same one twice, keep a multi-factor security key linked to my PayPal, which is funded by a credit card, which is funded by my bank. I listen to Security Now. I get security, I really do. I even opened Workaholic's strange little link in a sandboxed browser, lol.

This just happened to be a frustrating experience for one customer, that's all. I'm not saying it will be a hassle for anyone else.

And thanks again for the tip. I wasn't going to pre-order this particular game, but look what you went and made me do! Now I'm looking forward to release day. :)

30hourweekpls
03-27-2012, 01:00 AM
Thanks a bunch for the tip, OP. I noticed GMG lists the release date as April 1st. Probably wishful thinking; I think it was originally listed as April 6th on Steam. I'm guessing it was replaced by simply "April" because the development team needs more time to work on the port. It might not come out until the end of the month.

BC2 Cypher
03-27-2012, 01:40 AM
Contact Valve customer service and hope they'll be kind - the thing about Steam pre-orders is that you've already given them money. (They will most likely refund it, don't worry.)

Yeah I've never had a problem with cancelling my pre-order before and I've dong it many times.

It's a simple process really.

They will rarely refund a released game though.

Workaholic
03-27-2012, 02:17 AM
How do you Cancel a Steam Pre-Order?

You have to contact steam support and let them know, but they will credit your account only I think

Jean_Tannen
03-27-2012, 05:32 AM
Quite interested in this game.Maybe the question is stupid,but,if I preorder it on gmg,do I get the steam redeeming code right away,or do I have to wait till game release date to get the code? Haven't preordered a game before on gmg.

Shaneluls39199
03-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Quite interested in this game.Maybe the question is stupid,but,if I preorder it on gmg,do I get the steam redeeming code right away,or do I have to wait till game release date to get the code? Haven't preordered a game before on gmg.

You generally get it when the game is released

Workaholic
03-27-2012, 11:54 AM
You generally get it when the game is released

yeap you will get it if you redeem the game's key prior to release which GMG is supposed to send a few days in advance. But this is not to be mistaken with exclusive steam pre-order stuff like TF2 items.

WalnutSoap
03-27-2012, 12:02 PM
This just happened to be a frustrating experience for one customer, that's all. I'm not saying it will be a hassle for anyone else.

And thanks again for the tip. I wasn't going to pre-order this particular game, but look what you went and made me do! Now I'm looking forward to release day. :)

Hi there, I work for GMG and would just like to apologise that on this occasion you weren't fully satisfied with your experience.

We are always looking at our customer flow and how we can streamline the process and make it better so your feedback is invaluable and I hope this won't put you off of shopping with us in the future. As compensation for your patience I'd like to offer you $5 free credit. Send me a PM with your GMG username and I'll sort it out :)

flamedance58
03-27-2012, 12:03 PM
If only Steam would give us Customer Support like that rofl.

[Edit] Got my refund just now :D Time to get $9 off @ GMG.

bdo7
03-28-2012, 12:41 AM
Wow, that is definitely proactive customer service. Thanks!

Workaholic
04-02-2012, 09:00 AM
Wow, that is definitely proactive customer service. Thanks!

hah to say the least

but anyway bump for the great deal