PDA

View Full Version : This is so Awesome!

sgtwaffles
03-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Wow, I can't believe they actually brought it over to steam. It won't download right now, but does anyone know what happens if you buy a dlc on steam that you already have purchased on gfwl? I'm just curious.

revolving door
03-27-2012, 06:56 PM
I was wondering the same thing as I started playing when it released but stopped. I bought the year pass or whatever it was called with Microsoft points and can hopefully still use that with the Steam version. Though understandable if you can't.

Solicest
03-27-2012, 08:03 PM
If you are a LIVE customer you will only be able to make purchases on Steam after Uninstalling AOEO first, and then Reinstalling from Steam.
If you are a Steam Customer, you will only be able to make purchases through the Steam Wallet. Keep in mind this means that Steam customers will not be able to use Microsoft Points to purchase any content from LIVE.

If you do decide to reinstall, you will NOT lose any progress or items; all that data will still be stored on our servers and be waiting for you after the reinstall is complete. The in-game stores will point to the appropriate store. A few additional notes: If you currently have AOEO installed and you want to switch to the Steam platform.

Update and uninstall your current game then reinstall via steam. This will ensure the most efficient uninstall process and make reinstalling from Steam much smoother.
The Steam version WILL include the GFWL platform (i.e. you still sign in with a gamertag etc).

baldy1990
03-27-2012, 08:04 PM
You have to log in with your GFWL account. Those that have played the game before (like me) have all their existing civilizations ready to pick up and play. So any DLC you bought in the past will be there for you.

As for the original question about what happens if you purchase a DLC on steam that you already own on GFWL, I have no idea.

Shogunz
03-28-2012, 12:12 AM
"Steam customers will not be able to use Microsoft Points to purchase any content from LIVE."

Wtf? "Any content" = ANY content or any AOE content?

s1234567890m
03-28-2012, 12:46 AM
"Steam customers will not be able to use Microsoft Points to purchase any content from LIVE."

If you are a Steam Customer, you will only be able to make purchases through the Steam Wallet. Keep in mind this means that Steam customers will not be able to use Microsoft Points to purchase any content from LIVE.

Gentlemen?
03-28-2012, 04:33 AM
The Steam version WILL include the GFWL platform (i.e. you still sign in with a gamertag etc).

And that is why I'm not installing this game. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Mais Genre !!2
03-29-2012, 09:30 PM
+1 :)

MS Ryz0n
03-30-2012, 01:54 PM

This is referring to content in Age of Empires Online.

For your other Games For Windows games that are not on steam, you can still make purchases on xbox.com - it doesn't change that.