PDA

View Full Version : Atronach spells not working right

David_Basinger
03-27-2012, 06:38 PM
When casting Atronach spell/conjurations Atronach may not show up.
Alternate throught Flame,then Frost then Storm several times and may finally get Flame to show up, but only with one hand. Then maybe two handed might work. Then I might get Frost or Storm to work. VERY erratic and unstable since 1.5.24 update. Who ever did your BETA testing didn't play the game much!!!!! Crash to disks still occur, but not as often if you take out the "HQ" type mods. I can now play for up to an hour now, vs only ten minutes. These screw ups really take the fun out of the game.

chronicpirate
04-03-2012, 09:46 PM
When casting Atronach spell/conjurations Atronach may not show up.
Alternate throught Flame,then Frost then Storm several times and may finally get Flame to show up, but only with one hand. Then maybe two handed might work. Then I might get Frost or Storm to work. VERY erratic and unstable since 1.5.24 update. Who ever did your BETA testing didn't play the game much!!!!! Crash to disks still occur, but not as often if you take out the "HQ" type mods. I can now play for up to an hour now, vs only ten minutes. These screw ups really take the fun out of the game.

I may be mistaken but I think it's supposed to be like that. Whenever I'm casting conjour spells they don't work 100% of the time. I never really played as a dedicated summoner though I just use various items but at lower level conjour spells don't seem to work every time. It takes the magic and all but it makes a really oblivious "spell failed" sound and it doesn't show up.. I'm thinking you may not just be realizing this and freaking out for no reason.

buchengshi
04-04-2012, 01:29 AM
Do you have the Atronach perk? Or are you using the Atronach Stone? Either one can cause this to happen (the absorb effect is bugged, and sometimes absorbs your own cast).

I may be mistaken but I think it's supposed to be like that. Whenever I'm casting conjour spells they don't work 100% of the time. I never really played as a dedicated summoner though I just use various items but at lower level conjour spells don't seem to work every time. It takes the magic and all but it makes a really oblivious "spell failed" sound and it doesn't show up.. I'm thinking you may not just be realizing this and freaking out for no reason.

There are no spell fails in Skyrim (except for bugs). If there were, and at the rate the OP describes, nobody would ever play a caster.

Sue77
04-04-2012, 01:38 AM
I'm dual casting atronachs and the only problem I've had is when I don't wait long enough before letting the spell loose. Press left then right and try hanging on to the mouse keys a bit longer before releasing. May sound daft, or obvious, but worth a try.

David_Basinger
04-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the input, but this worked fine in 1.4 patch. Never had problem casting Atronachs, even with Atronach perk.