PDA

View Full Version : vanilla vs non-vanilla tournament

FunzZ
03-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Hey all TF2 fans! I've had this tournament idea in my mind for quite some time now. I would like to see a face off between a team strictly using so called vanilla loadout (default weapons) vs a team that can only use non-vanilla weapons (update weapons). I think this would make a very interesting highlander tournament, please let me know what you think and who you think would win. I myself do not have the knowledge or know-how to make such a tournament, but I would love to see someone try it and post the results. Thx for checking out my post keep playing and keep owning guys.

dnsthmnce
03-28-2012, 03:20 PM
Honestly, really pointless.

Calvinandhobbes
03-28-2012, 04:00 PM
Main forums have something like this going on already.

BanjoPw
03-28-2012, 04:05 PM
I only read your last sentence, so I have only this to say: ok

Smithsonian
03-28-2012, 07:37 PM
Pyro, heavy, and arguably medic for the non-vanilla team would be far stronger, scout and demo, and possibly soldier (depending on whether or not you classify the original as vanilla) for the vanilla team would be far stronger. Would be interesting to say the least.

Janobi
03-28-2012, 09:12 PM
I think they got one already... (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2591386)

Mogh
03-29-2012, 08:10 AM
Yep, they're already doing this. It's a fun idea though, I look forward to seeing the matches.

VickM
03-29-2012, 10:30 AM
Unlocks wins every time all else equal. A bunch are basically direct upgrades.

Koobadoobs
03-29-2012, 11:15 AM
Scout: Vanilla is better
Soldier: Unlock is better (Original, battalion's backup, and Equalizer just wins)
Pyro: Unlock obv
Demo: vanilla obv (what would the unlock demo use? demoknight? Or scottish resistance?)
heavy: Unlock (iron curtain, sandvich, gru)
engy: Unlock just because wrangler
medic: Vanilla (no uber for unlock team?)
sniper: Vanilla (assuming the unlock sniper uses huntsman, if he uses bazaar he might have the upper hand with jarate)
spy: Unlock obv

4 for vanilla, 5 for unlock.
It would be interesting though, cause vanilla would have a great offense and unlock would have a great defense. I think unlock wins though because they have the numbers and the gunslinger for offense.

KarateF22
03-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Looked ok until

Soldier: Unlock is better (Original, battalion's backup, and Equalizer just wins)

ಠ_ಠ

Koobadoobs
03-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Looked ok until

ಠ_ಠ

what? It's actually pretty good. It's like a second uber if you use it right. Or a first uber, cause they're stuck with the unlock mediguns. It's better than nothing.

Chrisjd10
03-29-2012, 03:01 PM
spy: Unlock obv.

Stock is way better

DR and CnD are far more situational than IW
Revolver is better due to the damage (unless you have amazing amby aim)
Knife: YER will be useless, kunai will get you killed easier
Sapper: only 1 to choose from

Loadout I use for highlander
Big kill
Knife
ET (switch out to CnD if I need to)(switch out to DR when I need to distract)

Koobadoobs
03-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Stock is way better

DR and CnD are far more situational than IW
Revolver is better due to the damage (unless you have amazing amby aim)
Knife: YER will be useless, kunai will get you killed easier
Sapper: only 1 to choose from

Loadout I use for highlander
Big kill
Knife
ET (switch out to CnD if I need to)(switch out to DR when I need to distract)

The unlock spy has big kill, black rose, and enthusiast's timepiece if he wants all stock. Basically, he gets whatever loadout he wants. That's why he obviously wins. Options > no options.

KarateF22
03-29-2012, 04:17 PM
The unlock spy has big kill, black rose, and enthusiast's timepiece if he wants all stock. Basically, he gets whatever loadout he wants. That's why he obviously wins. Options > no options.

i vote no reskins.