PDA

View Full Version : My Kudos to the dev

MRLebanon
03-28-2012, 08:36 PM
Haven't bought the game or played it, but through a quick look in the forums I see another game hit hard by early release dates pushed by publishers.

I want Mr. Dan Green to know he is the man, and that most of the rage directed at him is from people who lack understanding of who's fault it is for the state of the game.

Will keep an eye on this one as I can see from the devs comments he wants to patch up what poor publisher support - pushing for deadlines - has created. It's this as well as the infestation of "spend extra money to get a full game" DLC that is ruining PC gamers and hurting good hard working devs.

Cheers,
Leb

Dgreen02
03-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the post man.

- Dan

ErichK
03-28-2012, 11:11 PM
I really have to echo the original poster. I'm not a video game developer, but as someone trying to succeed in any industry that involves creating something, be it a game, music (I'm a composer), fashion design, a movie, etc., I can very much relate to how difficult it is dealing with deadlines from the funders, as well as having to compete with the behemoth conglomerates that will do nothing to squish and ruin anyone that tries to get in their way; let alone the customer base who don't see things as they are.

I'm going to buy this game, and I know I'm going to enjoy it. Why? Because I feel that that obscure talent that has good potential needs to be recognized so they can start to get their heads above water. Some people decide to quit their careers to focus on their dreams, and whether or not Dan has done so, it still remains that he is only doing what he loves, and by the looks of it, doing a damn good job.

Yes, there are going to be bugs. It's a small, indie developer with very little funding, but look at the game for the art form that it is. With something like this, there's a devotion that you can literally see from the developer. The fact that he's taking time to respond not only to general posts on here, but even negative criticism, tells us that he genuinely cares about his work.

My hat's off to you, Dan. Whether you intended to or not, you inspired me.

Dgreen02
03-28-2012, 11:22 PM
Thanks bro.

- Dan

Jacen_Chio
03-28-2012, 11:57 PM
I know how difficult game development can be, although I'm still pretty much a beginner, maybe closer to an intermediate level. I just have to say that my mind is blown at how well this game was put together even in it's current state from the work of only one person. Now I can't imagine how much more difficult having a publisher would make it but you have done a very good job.

Just don't let all of the negativity here get you down.

Dgreen02
03-29-2012, 12:01 AM
I know how difficult game development can be, although I'm still pretty much a beginner, maybe closer to an intermediate level. I just have to say that my mind is blown at how well this game was put together even in it's current state from the work of only one person. Now I can't imagine how much more difficult having a publisher would make it but you have done a very good job.

gibbsy24
03-29-2012, 03:39 AM
Good to see a Dev with dedication. Haven't bought the game yet but I most likely will after a couple patches. Shame that you had to release in such a state, but at least you care enough to fix it and interact on the forums. Makes me wonder why we don't see big developers doing that.