PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Sega

brimley
03-28-2012, 11:30 PM
Thank you for continuing to support the pc. And thank you for not charging $60 for a pc game. Thanks for not being EA or Activison

Now please bring Vanquish and Bayonetta to pc!!:)

Wizzler
03-29-2012, 03:19 AM
Thank you for continuing to support the pc. And thank you for not charging $60 for a pc game.

Have you played the game at PC yet?

Supporting PC and making a crappy port are two different things - and this game smells like a port.
No Demo, no buy. No need to buy another port which includes ♥♥♥♥ed up controlls, limited graphic-options and stuff like that
(i dont know if this stuff is crappy - thats why i want a demo, before they get my money).

borsdy
03-29-2012, 10:37 AM
I know it is tough to trust good ports these days wizz but the pc game in this case is (apparently)coming soon, even max payne 3 is supposed to arrive earlier than rockstar usually considers pc players as another market. PC gaming is looking like a good revenue stream again for these guys so they seem to be trying a little harder. Things are changing!

BD is being ported by the same team who did sonic generations for PC and I read it was acceptable

brimley
03-29-2012, 11:12 AM

Supporting PC and making a crappy port are two different things - and this game smells like a port.
No Demo, no buy. No need to buy another port which includes ♥♥♥♥ed up controlls, limited graphic-options and stuff like that
(i dont know if this stuff is crappy - thats why i want a demo, before they get my money).

The game hasn't even been released yet and you are already complaining about poor port? give me a break.

billz3ng
03-29-2012, 02:13 PM
The game hasn't even been released yet and you are already complaining about poor port? give me a break.

To be honest, no it`s not weird to have these suspicions at all.
Frankly, there has been way to many games that has failed the last couple of years. Though, I really hope it is a good port. We shall see...

SabreXT
03-30-2012, 12:21 AM
I know it is tough to trust good ports these days wizz but the pc game in this case is (apparently)coming soon, even max payne 3 is supposed to arrive earlier than rockstar usually considers pc players as another market. PC gaming is looking like a good revenue stream again for these guys so they seem to be trying a little harder. Things are changing!

BD is being ported by the same team who did sonic generations for PC and I read it was acceptable

I think PC is making money again because devs are finally getting over the mindset of half arsed ports and DRM. Piracy is still a problem, but a game will still make money if it's good.

Thank you for continuing to support the pc. And thank you for not charging $60 for a pc game. Thanks for not being EA or Activison

Now please bring Vanquish and Bayonetta to pc!!:)

Vanquish! I played that on console. It was ok, the main issue was the game is so fast, but aiming with a controller is so slow.

UTROMSHREDDER
03-31-2012, 05:13 AM
The title for the thread should be thanks you Devil Details, because it is them that are doing the pc version. Sega only asked them to do pc version. Same for sonic generations. Devil Details developed the pc version not sega. that because like most japan devs, sega hates pc gaming. and when there is a pc version of one of their games it always outsourced to another company

ezodagrom
03-31-2012, 05:44 AM
like most japan devs, sega hates pc gaming. and when there is a pc version of one of their games it always outsourced to another company
SEGA of Japan is developing the PC version of Phantasy Star Online 2 for the PC, which is the lead platform for the game, so no, they don't always outsource PC versions.

SEGA doesn't hate PC gaming. I guess they outsource the PC ports due to either lack of experience with the platform, or for the PC ports to be released faster than they would have been if SEGA itself handled the porting.

derExperte
03-31-2012, 06:17 AM
SEGA doesn't hate PC gaming.

Indeed. Actually it's quite the opposite. They just posted a big financial loss and are restructuring. One of the few moneymakers that they definitely will keep developing/publishing are Football Manager and Total War.

And I too am glad they keep releasing their stuff on PC, Sonic Generations and Renegade Ops (despite it's delays) were the superior versions and after playing Binary Domain on PS3 with it's horrible framerate it's great to be able to buy it on PC. So yeah, thank you Sega.

UTROMSHREDDER
03-31-2012, 06:53 AM
SEGA of Japan is developing the PC version of Phantasy Star Online 2 for the PC, which is the lead platform for the game, so no, they don't always outsource PC versions.

SEGA doesn't hate PC gaming. I guess they outsource the PC ports due to either lack of experience with the platform, or for the PC ports to be released faster than they would have been if SEGA itself handled the porting.

that what i said. they outsource pc version because they dont have enough people to work on them and they dont have experince with pc. Capcom does the same for Street fighter pc versions too.

Sonic Generatios and now Binary Domain would have never came to pc if sega didnt outsource them. Will sega continue outsourcsing pc versions of their games? can we expect more pc games from sega?

Heids24
03-31-2012, 07:16 AM
Vanquish! I played that on console. It was ok, the main issue was the game is so fast, but aiming with a controller is so slow.

Heh, sounds like a really bad combination. Twitch shooter with a controller? Sounds frustrating. Didn't Unreal Tournament try to get on the consoles and fail? Some things just need the precision of KB&M controls.

Sir Kiko
03-31-2012, 07:29 AM
Who cares, I want Bayonetta!

BC2 Cypher
04-01-2012, 04:01 AM

PC demos aren't very common unfortunatelly, but at least after the game is released you can just read the forums to find out if it's a quality game or not.

I don't really care if it has limited graphics options or not I just hope it's well optimised so that the framerate is good and also that the mouse has no acceleration or smoothing crap.

I'll be happy enough with that.

Wizzler
04-01-2012, 01:32 PM

The game hasntīt even been released yet and you are already happy about poor port? give me a break as well.

;)

SabreXT
04-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Indeed. Actually it's quite the opposite. They just posted a big financial loss and are restructuring. One of the few moneymakers that they definitely will keep developing/publishing are Football Manager and Total War.

And I too am glad they keep releasing their stuff on PC, Sonic Generations and Renegade Ops (despite it's delays) were the superior versions and after playing Binary Domain on PS3 with it's horrible framerate it's great to be able to buy it on PC. So yeah, thank you Sega.

I forgot about Renegade Ops being a sega game. I know it was an avalanche game. People moaned 24-7 about the start menu where it says "Best played with a controller" which was the best way to play.

Outsourcing isn't bad by itself, but we only tend to hear of it when it goes wrong. Had the bosses in Deus Ex been great, we wouldn't have heard about how some other company did it. The devs/publisher would have been happy to take the credit. Generally speaking, most outsourcing for PC ports tends to be minimum budget "Here's a fiver, go make this work enough to get a good trailer out of it." but it can be good. Iirc the port of Deus Ex was outsourced, and is considered the best version.

Heh, sounds like a really bad combination. Twitch shooter with a controller? Sounds frustrating. Didn't Unreal Tournament try to get on the consoles and fail? Some things just need the precision of KB&M controls.

UT on consoles was pretty bad, but the Xbox only one (UT Champions iirc)was ok because it was made with controllers in mind.

As for Vanquish, it was fun due to crazy. I really would have liked a mouse and keyboard though.

Amy
04-02-2012, 11:30 PM
I normally never pre-purchase any game except Serious Sam series.

But when i saw how amazing Sonic Generations was, and was running better than on PC, i was sold for Binary Domain. As long they don,t dissapoint me i'm fine with continuing supporting them. They are one of the few dev i know for long that i still like.

And if it's have problem, i'm pretty sure they'll do their best to fix it fast.

This game CANNOT be another Brink for PC.

Tankmetal
04-03-2012, 02:40 AM
hey Sega,

why not jump into the deep end of the pool and start making console ports? I would love you for it.

silverz
04-14-2012, 12:32 PM
I am hoping it is a good port, sega seem to be trusted with their pc releases lately so I am looking forwards to this game but I will not pre-order any console port as there is always a chance you will get screwed (controller support, fps locks, poor graphical options, bad optimization)

Suntory_Times
04-14-2012, 07:28 PM
UT on consoles was pretty bad, but the Xbox only one (UT Champions iirc)was ok because it was made with controllers in mind.

As for Vanquish, it was fun due to crazy. I really would have liked a mouse and keyboard though.

Unreal Tournament was fine on console just pluyg in a keyboard and mouse and play (which it did support).

I agree with canquish though, can't imagine how much I would have played it had I been able to use a k+m, the controller just felt to constricitve for the gameplay style.

SabreXT
04-18-2012, 09:50 AM
I am hoping it is a good port, sega seem to be trusted with their pc releases lately so I am looking forwards to this game but I will not pre-order any console port as there is always a chance you will get screwed (controller support, fps locks, poor graphical options, bad optimization)

Wait, what?

I get not liking FPS locks and bad optimization. I get some people want more graphical options, it's not important to me but I do get why people want it.

How is controller support a bad thing?