PDA

View Full Version : How to make the game run?

nbajammer
03-29-2012, 12:41 AM
I bought this game as part of Indie Gala 3, and the game flat-out refuses to run, instead opting to suck my machine dry of memory. The config tool launches every time I try to run the game, I click Start and then nothing happens while the clock keeping track of game time goes up and up and up. I never, ever see one lick of this game. A search online led me to the developer's forums where it said to install ffdshow. Despite having it installed already, I followed the directions there.

Despite this action, the game still does not load. I have tried installing 3 codec packs, all with ffdshow in it. I have tried installing the ffdshow that came with the game. I tried installing the latest version of ffdshow. This game just will not work.

I really don't want to have to inquire with Indie Gala about a refund for an obviously broken and unplayable title, so what will it take to get this game working? I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit, Direct X 11, GeForce GT 520 graphics card with latest drivers, 4GB of RAM.

specky_joe
04-02-2012, 02:38 AM
Same as above post ;

However if i browse to games install location, I can run the noconfig.bat file and the game will play the first intro movie.

Not alot but still kinda pissed this game aint working instantly

Hellstrong
04-12-2012, 07:28 PM
i have no issuess, i happen to have k-lite codec pack installed (not cause if the game) so it might be your solution, it has all those codecs also.

Also posting the contents of your logfile might help ints in the install directory.

If the intro movies are causing it and for some reason your launcher does not work (as you can disable them there)
then go to your documents folder and browse to Grotesque-Tactics\Settings\Config.xml and change DisableIntroVideos="false" to DisableIntroVideos="true"

Arioth
01-12-2013, 09:40 PM
Sorry for dragging up an old post, but I had the same problem at first. I was able to solve my crashing issue by changing the adapter from 0 to 1 in the configuration tool. 0 and 1 were the only two choices for me.