PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of a character from my computer

Lady_Nightfire
04-01-2012, 03:53 PM
So, my husband and I both own Puzzle Quest 1, and we played it once or twice on a shared old computer. We do NOT share a Steam account or anything like that; it was with individual profiles and completely new characters. Now, however, Steam Cloud apparently synced our characters to both profiles. I have access to at least two of his characters, even though he's never even signed into his Steam account on my computer, much less played the game on it. Likewise, he has access to my characters. I tried deleting the saves in the My Documents folder, but Steam insists on re-downloading them from Steam Cloud as fast as I delete them. Is there any way to get his characters permanently off of my computer without deleting them completely?

ben583
04-02-2012, 08:45 AM
Disable Steam Cloud in Steam's settings, then delete the saves.

Lady_Nightfire
04-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Only thing is, as soon as I re-enable Steam Cloud, it re-downloads the saves. I can't completely disable Steam Cloud forever because more than one of my games use it, and I don't want to screw up the saving for those other games.

eninrutas
05-29-2012, 08:27 AM
Only thing is, as soon as I re-enable Steam Cloud, it re-downloads the saves. I can't completely disable Steam Cloud forever because more than one of my games use it, and I don't want to screw up the saving for those other games.

You can disable/enable Steam Cloud for individual games. Right-click on Puzzle Quest 2, go to Properties, the Updates tab, and untick the box below that says "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Puzzle Quest 2"