PDA

View Full Version : How is the difficulty?

Drakendodertje
04-02-2012, 04:21 PM
I'm a big fan of platformers, and Rayman Origins looks like a real treat. However, the thing i like most about lots of platformers, is that they can really give you a real challenge as most of them are catered for people with a love for videogames, as opposed to the more casual 3Dblingbling-crowd (not hating).

So on a scale of say Kirby's Adventure on the one end, and Donkey Kong Country Returns on the other, where would you place this? I'm leaving the Super Meat Boy-like platformers out for obvious reasons, they are a seperate category (suicidal(?):cool:)...

thanks in advance for any input on this :)

Thecoolgamer21
04-02-2012, 07:29 PM
I find it kind of hard to describe the difficulty of this game. I'd say it sort of feels like a merge between the original rayman and super meat boy. Early on it's quite easy but towards the end it becomes very challanging. See this for an example of a harder stage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqVUHznapcg&feature=related. Also unlike the original Rayman, this game features one-hit deaths (two if you're carrying a heart)

Westenra 3.0
04-02-2012, 08:30 PM
The original Rayman is uncompromisingly brutal, it just throws you into the meat-grinder and says "survive", I could never advance past more than a few stages. Origins is a definite buy for me but I'm hoping it's a little more... approachable.

ND_OHNOES
04-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Rayman Origins is harder than Donkey Kong Country Returns. But this game is still not hard enough for me. There's no stage except maybe the last one where I would need to take a break and cool off lol. Collecting all the medals is an arduous task though. I really enjoyed the treasure chest levels, they are quite challenging.

So despite not being as challenging as Super Meat Boy, Dustforce, VVVVVV, I would say this game is the most fun to play, and that's what really matters :cool:

Sifer2
04-02-2012, 11:53 PM
It's trickier than it looks from the trailer. Especially if your trying to get a medal which needs basically perfect execution by grabbing almost every lum thing.

The one hit death I think was to promote co-op. Since in co-op surviving players can just hit you an revive you. But in single player it makes it a bit more hard core.

Still the really hard stages are mostly optional I believe. Treasure chases and the Livid Dead.

Mashley
04-03-2012, 04:27 AM
If you want to play well and get the bonus stages it's very difficult indeed, a little under SMB difficulty imo. Generally the way the game feels is also a lot like Super Meat Boy.

piliwili
04-03-2012, 08:22 AM
I'm a big fan of platformers, and Rayman Origins looks like a real treat. However, the thing i like most about lots of platformers, is that they can really give you a real challenge as most of them are catered for people with a love for videogames, as opposed to the more casual 3Dblingbling-crowd (not hating).

So on a scale of say Kirby's Adventure on the one end, and Donkey Kong Country Returns on the other, where would you place this? I'm leaving the Super Meat Boy-like platformers out for obvious reasons, they are a seperate category (suicidal(?):cool:)...

thanks in advance for any input on this :)

Stomme nederlander....

Drakendodertje
04-03-2012, 09:50 AM
wow, i'm pleasantly surprised about your responses on the difficulty so far. I would have settled for less, as the leveldesign in itself is varied enough to warrant a buy for a platformfan like me, but i certainly like a serious challenge.

I thought the K-levels in DKCR would be enough for the upperlimit in the 'casual' platformers, but i hear some of you say some of rayman is even tougher than that? That's just awesome.... :)

tx everybody, and feel free to keep adding to the thread for more curious possible buyers out there :)

@piliwilli: wat is jouw probleem?

Aleideka
04-05-2012, 07:58 AM
The Original Rayman is hard. Now this new rayman origins seemed pretty easy in the begining but is getting much harder pretty fast in my opinion.

Turretti
04-07-2012, 04:35 AM
I think they have done a good job with the difficulty in this game. If you just want to run through the level without collecting all the lumas/getting the secrets its not that hard. But if you want to get those badges, all the electoons, and if you do the optional chest-race things as well, you can get some challenge for yourself.

The last levels are actually pretty hard even if you dont try to collect everything. But still, nothing too bad. Especially since you always spawn pretty close so you dont have to run throught the whole level.