PDA

View Full Version : Illburns Ruins - how do I survive this place?

DoubleEcho
04-04-2012, 07:28 AM
I don't know if I'm too low of level or if I'm just fighting incorrectly, but I can't get through this place. My HP Is 111 and I've managed to get the Small Shield and then hoof it back to the save point without dying. I've gotten as far as the spot where you have to light the candle to move the wall, and then I wiped in a room with the wizards who shoot the 3 blasts (instead of a single blast). There's also what I can only describe as crabs on fire that beat me up too. Sorry if that's not descriptive enough, it's the best reference point I have.

If I'm too low of level, where do you suggest I go to grind?

Karanum
04-04-2012, 09:13 AM
You should probably get the rest of the 2nd tier equipment. Your level is about right, I think. If you still have trouble after that, try being more careful, take on monsters one by one and know how they attack.

As for the flaming somethings, don't touch them and don't stick around when they drop to the ground.

If you still feel the need to grind, just stick around the ruins and try to get in as far as you can without dying. It'll help getting to know the monsters as well.

DoubleEcho
04-04-2012, 09:16 AM
You should probably get the rest of the 2nd tier equipment. Your level is about right, I think. If you still have trouble after that, try being more careful, take on monsters one by one and know how they attack.

As for the flaming somethings, don't touch them and don't stick around when they drop to the ground.

If you still feel the need to grind, just stick around the ruins and try to get in as far as you can without dying. It'll help getting to know the monsters as well.

Just curious, where is the 2nd tier armor and sword? I upgraded the starter gear with Raval Ore to the max. Now I'm just trying to collect the ore from the chests in the ruins.

Edit: Just want to say that even with the difficulty I am really digging this game. It's my first Ys title I've played and I never knew what I was missing.

Karanum
04-04-2012, 09:18 AM
The 2nd through 4th tier can be bought at the shop in Redmont, with the exception of the Small Shield and the 3rd tier sword, if I recall correctly.

DoubleEcho
04-04-2012, 10:54 AM
The 2nd through 4th tier can be bought at the shop in Redmont, with the exception of the Small Shield and the 3rd tier sword, if I recall correctly.

Got it and cleared the ruins. Thanks!

Rhylos
04-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Stay away from the crabs, they'll murder you. They shoot little bubbles that can hit you several times each.

As for other enemies, you can always try to stun them with the downward thrust. Also don't forget to use your boost in a room full of baddies.

MP83
04-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Stay away from the crabs, they'll murder you. They shoot little bubbles that can hit you several times each.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9fMdUnpXF4

:D

Joan-Michele
04-09-2012, 02:52 AM
I don't know if I'm too low of level or if I'm just fighting incorrectly, but I can't get through this place. My HP Is 111 and I've managed to get the Small Shield and then hoof it back to the save point without dying. I've gotten as far as the spot where you have to light the candle to move the wall, and then I wiped in a room with the wizards who shoot the 3 blasts (instead of a single blast). There's also what I can only describe as crabs on fire that beat me up too. Sorry if that's not descriptive enough, it's the best reference point I have.

If I'm too low of level, where do you suggest I go to grind?

Do a downwards thrust over them, you'll be able to stun them half the time, and then immediately follow up with a combo, and then an exploding fireball. (Which you should learn to charge up among other spells when starting to attack so you can release it at the end of your combo.)