PDA

View Full Version : Are collected Aerocache's supposed to save?

IndieMatt
04-04-2012, 07:12 AM
Because mine don't after exiting the game.

I did the 'Honolii Cove' and aerocache of the day ('Mauna Loa Caldera') which were then displayed as not collected once I returned to the game.

This supposed to happen?

bastila13091
04-04-2012, 07:43 AM
Think its a bug. I've been doing Flight for 2-3 weeks without steam and they've all saved.

bastila13091
04-04-2012, 07:49 AM
I just tried in both the steam app and the app from microsoft directly and both are not saving aerocache of the day's. Sounds like a bug so it sounds like dont worry about aerocaches till they push out a patch.

IndieMatt
04-04-2012, 08:13 AM
I'm using the Steam version. Thanks for your input bastila13091 :)

You state that both versions of Microsoft flight aren't saving the aerocache of the day... is either of them saving the initial 'Honolii Cove' aerocache which you need to first complete before the daily one?

It doesn't sound too difficult to correct but it's odd that a collectable saving feature isn't fully operational in the first place!

Would anyone else care to share their aerocache status?

Loki MS Flight
04-04-2012, 10:39 AM

You state that both versions of Microsoft flight aren't saving the aerocache of the day... is either of them saving the initial 'Honolii Cove' aerocache which you need to first complete before the daily one?

It doesn't sound too difficult to correct but it's odd that a collectable saving feature isn't fully operational in the first place!

We currently have this posted over on our Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/msflight?__adt=3)but I'll mention it here as well. "Post-update, some users’ stats (Aerocaches, XP, etc.) are not being synced with our servers. We’re looking into the issue. Thanks for your patience!"

I will post more info in our support forums (http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1376) when I have more to provide.

bastila13091
04-04-2012, 10:56 AM

I have all the aerocaches except for one that no one can get at the moment because of the current aircraft in the game. And the save feature used to be working until they released the patch on sunday.

gu3st
04-04-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm so upset. I've had all my progress get lost. Not just aerocaches.. my XP and everything has gotten lost on every launch. It's discouraging as I have a blast playing.

bastila13091
04-04-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm so upset. I've had all my progress get lost. Not just aerocaches.. my XP and everything has gotten lost on every launch. It's discouraging as I have a blast playing.

Just give it a few days. This has been happening since before it was put on steam (but only after the update to use steam was added). If its that frustrating, then dont play it till the fix is released because all you're doing is walking over and over and over into a wall that has yet to have a door cut in it.

neddread
04-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Hi all

Yea, I have exactly the same problem, Aero's not saving, but I do keep all my XP and achievements, just the caches that reset to zero on relaunch. Otherwise it's working perfectly, great fps and looks epic.

IndieMatt
04-05-2012, 02:54 AM
Thank you all for your replies, I've checked out the facebook page and will keep an eye on the support forum.

At least it can be confirmed I'm not the only one! Looking forward to a fix for an otherwise excellent free to play game :)

m6hurricane
04-06-2012, 06:33 AM
I'm having the same problem, my aerocaches won't save. I read that it has something to so with the client info not synching with the server correctly (because, you know, a free-to-play flight game is serious business. Note I said game and not sim.). I can play with others online, but perhaps it's my anti-virus...

bastila13091
04-06-2012, 08:06 AM
I'm having the same problem, my aerocaches won't save. I read that it has something to so with the client info not synching with the server correctly (because, you know, a free-to-play flight game is serious business. Note I said game and not sim.). I can play with others online, but perhaps it's my anti-virus...

Its been happening to probably the majority of people since they released the patch on sunday. There's a stickied thread at the top of the support page that addresses the issue too.

CaptainRAVE
04-07-2012, 05:14 AM
Glad it isn't just me :)

Freelance
04-07-2012, 07:11 AM
Yah it's happening to me too. I'm doing any Aerocache hunt at the moment although I still get them if I happen to actually come across some and get the XP.

Wedge The Jedi
04-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Yes, once again we appreciate your patience as we continue to fix the issue.

bastila13091
04-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Yes, once again we appreciate your patience as we continue to fix the issue.

Is there any ETA? Also, will the fix be retroactive for any gametime played between when stats stopped saving and when the fix went live?

grmpyracer
04-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Because mine don't after exiting the game.

I did the 'Honolii Cove' and aerocache of the day ('Mauna Loa Caldera') which were then displayed as not collected once I returned to the game.

This supposed to happen?

After many emails to Microsoft Support, they have advised there is a bust in the program where none of aerocaches and some XP points are not saved. Said they were working on it, with no est on when it will be fixed

sortius
04-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Just thought I'd post some more info from a user not getting aerocache credit.

I noticed when I log into the MS Flight website my stats & level are showing as blank/level 0. I understand this is a sync issue, so it seems to be a full account sync issue.

bastila13091
04-09-2012, 09:44 PM
They know whats causing the issue, they're just trying to figure out a fix and trying to minimize the bugs it will cause. So probably another week, two at the max till we see the fix. (Note: I am not an MS employee, this is my personal viewpoint and does not reflect any mods or devs' actual schedule.)

ghling
04-10-2012, 01:40 PM
You could have just noticed the sticky thread for this in this forum: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2636663

bastila13091
04-10-2012, 02:32 PM
You could have just noticed the sticky thread for this in this forum: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2636663

Check the postdates of the thread. Some of them are from before that thread.

Devilish Dave
04-10-2012, 03:50 PM
I don't know if this has anything to do with this, but I've gotten this Hawaii bundle pack installed too and I've got the planes but I'm unable to load the aerocaches. There is a lock symbol on it telling me to download/purschase Hawaii Adventures, but I did and it's installed...

bastila13091
04-10-2012, 04:03 PM
I don't know if this has anything to do with this, but I've gotten this Hawaii bundle pack installed too and I've got the planes but I'm unable to load the aerocaches. There is a lock symbol on it telling me to download/purschase Hawaii Adventures, but I did and it's installed...

Totally separate topic.

tarok5
04-10-2012, 06:31 PM

I hsd the same issue initially but 1) signed in to GFW 2) quit and restarted...

Hope that helped.

ghling
04-11-2012, 02:39 AM
Check the postdates of the thread. Some of them are from before that thread.

I know that this thread was opened before the official announcement but as the most recent users with that problem posted here yesterday I thought I'll just point towards that thread ;)

dukmiester2
04-11-2012, 10:06 AM

Totally separate topic.

No, it is totally on topic:

Took me several hours and battling with GFWL to realize this bug is DIRECTLY related to the Aerocache not saving!

Because they don't save between sessions, the game "thinks" you have not found any of them and therefore will NOT let you access the ones that are part of the Hawaii pack until you do the very first one OVER again as seen here:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578952670286465353/CF4A7FAB0D155FD3C10159F28D302DC19FFE557A/

If you click on one of the locked ones, it looks like this and tells you you need to install the Hawaii pack as seen here:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578952670286466310/4EDFB5F491702EB7F063B49480F2182DD82036E3/

If you just do the very first one again, it'll unlock the ones that come with the pack, provided you have met the requirements as seen here:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578952670286739707/ED46B716F2CB874F87DE81223440DAB937F45287/

I too was very confused by this. I had all the aircraft, could fly in all the Hawaii pack areas, but could not figure out why none of the aerocache's that came with the pack would work.

It kept telling me I needed the Hawaii pack, which I in fact had.

Then, I just realized it had not saved ANY of the aerocache progress, thus LOCKING OUT the ones with the pack until I re-found the very first one!

Until the bug is patched, you'll have to start "the hunt" at the VERY BEGINNING every time you launch the game.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

bastila13091
04-11-2012, 10:48 AM
No, it is totally on topic:

Took me several hours and battling with GFWL to realize this bug is DIRECTLY related to the Aerocache not saving!

Because they don't save between sessions, the game "thinks" you have not found any of them and therefore will NOT let you access the ones that are part of the Hawaii pack until you do the very first one OVER again as seen here:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578952670286465353/CF4A7FAB0D155FD3C10159F28D302DC19FFE557A/

If you click on one of the locked ones, it looks like this and tells you you need to install the Hawaii pack as seen here:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578952670286466310/4EDFB5F491702EB7F063B49480F2182DD82036E3/

If you just do the very first one again, it'll unlock the ones that come with the pack, provided you have met the requirements as seen here:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/578952670286739707/ED46B716F2CB874F87DE81223440DAB937F45287/

I too was very confused by this. I had all the aircraft, could fly in all the Hawaii pack areas, but could not figure out why none of the aerocache's that came with the pack would work.

It kept telling me I needed the Hawaii pack, which I in fact had.

Then, I just realized it had not saved ANY of the aerocache progress, thus LOCKING OUT the ones with the pack until I re-found the very first one!

Until the bug is patched, you'll have to start "the hunt" at the VERY BEGINNING every time you launch the game.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

The only way to know what it was about is to have had it happen to you before. From what I gleaned from his information was that all of the aerocaches were locked. Or that atleast all of the aerocaches on the DLC islands were locked. Which it could be. It could still be different from what you think it is even.

dukmiester2
04-11-2012, 03:09 PM
Sorry 'bout that. Just trying to point out that the game does prompt you to re-download the Hawaii starter pack if you try to go after any of the DLC aerocaches. They don't save properly in an un-locked state.

Thus, one must start over with the first one to get them to unlock again.

If it isn't happening to you, count yourself lucky I guess.

Me, I'll just not do any aerocache hunting 'til this bug is thoroughly squashed :(

bastila13091
04-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Sorry 'bout that. Just trying to point out that the game does prompt you to re-download the Hawaii starter pack if you try to go after any of the DLC aerocaches. They don't save properly in an un-locked state.

Thus, one must start over with the first one to get them to unlock again.

If it isn't happening to you, count yourself lucky I guess.

Me, I'll just not do any aerocache hunting 'til this bug is thoroughly squashed :(

I've been flying it for well over a month so more just well timed than lucky. But I havent gotten a single aerocache to register since they released the bug.

grmpyracer
04-16-2012, 08:40 AM
Updated this a.m. and the Aerocache issue on my end has been resolved. Thanks a plenty!!!