PDA

View Full Version : Skyrim not responding since patch

Scarlet_Velvet
04-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Hi

Only just started having this issue since the new patch, my game will not run at all and just hangs not responding after getting past the launcher on the loading screen. Have tried everything I can think of including a reinstall, checking the files with steam, defragging files, deleting the preferences ini files, new graphics drivers, reloading the old graphics drivers, updating windows 7 (64 bit version), turning off anti virus, making sure its run as admin. I'm totally out of ideas. I have played over 30 hours without any issues till now.

Cant even start a new game let alone run a previous save

Help!

MMZ>Torak
04-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Hi

Only just started having this issue since the new patch, my game will not run at all and just hangs not responding after getting past the launcher on the loading screen. Have tried everything I can think of including a reinstall, checking the files with steam, defragging files, deleting the preferences ini files, new graphics drivers, reloading the old graphics drivers, updating windows 7 (64 bit version), turning off anti virus, making sure its run as admin. I'm totally out of ideas. I have played over 30 hours without any issues till now.

Cant even start a new game let alone run a previous save

Help!

Are you using any mods?

Scarlet_Velvet
04-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Hi Torak

No mods at all,have been happy with the game how it was so far :)

jlwoody
04-04-2012, 12:07 PM
What are your specs? Graphics card mainly.
I had issues with an AMD 5830 and latest drivers 12.3, the game will crash on launch. Not until I did a clean uninstall of 12.3 (both CCC and application profiles), restart, then install 12.1, Skyrim worked again.

MMZ>Torak
04-04-2012, 12:09 PM
What are your specs? Graphics card mainly.
I had issues with an AMD 5830 and latest drivers 12.3, the game will crash on launch. Not until I did a clean uninstall of 12.3 (both CCC and application profiles), restart, then install 12.1, Skyrim worked again.

I was just going to ask if it was an AMD card.

Try this.

Scarlet_Velvet
04-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Heya,

Nvida GFX9800, installed new drivers, no luck, rolled back to previous drivers still getting the same issue.

GLaw
04-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Hi OP, Did you download the free texture paks from Bethesda? If so, they may be too much for your card. Just checking to elimnate a possibility.

Scarlet_Velvet
04-04-2012, 12:14 PM
hmm well its on auto update, where would i find those to get rid of them? and would they be included when I re installed?

MMZ>Torak
04-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Hi

deleting the preferences ini files

Both (skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini) of them?

Also try having the game "autodetect" the settings again.

Scarlet_Velvet
04-04-2012, 12:18 PM
lol deleted the Skyrim ini now its saying to reinstall again, awesome

antstubell
04-04-2012, 12:20 PM
hmm well its on auto update, where would i find those to get rid of them? and would they be included when I re installed?

The free HD textures would auto-download when you do a clean install. Before clicking Play, click Data Files and untick the 2 HD texture boxes. The game won't load those add-ons then.

GLaw
04-04-2012, 12:25 PM
lol deleted the Skyrim ini now its saying to reinstall again, awesome

just verify the cache it'll bring back the ini.

Check the data files as the poster above me replied about. Remove the checkmarks and try to load again.