PDA

View Full Version : Played the demo last night...

MushRush66
04-04-2012, 11:02 AM
What an unexpected and charming experience (as I am completely unfamiliar with the series in general)... The animations, sound, and visuals are like nothing I have ever played before - I was chuckling the whole time as I tried different things and player models...

I do have a question and perhaps even a concern... I noticed that the checkpoint's seemed to be fairly spaced, but I was wondering if the game "hard saves" at checkpoint's, and after quitting the game, can you start again at the last checkpoint once starting another game session??... Or do you have to play an entire level in one sitting and the game only hard saves at the beginning of each level??... This query is in reference to the Full version of the game, as I didn't really check the demo save feature before uninstalling...

Also, how much content is there??... I am assuming for $29.99 US - it must be a fairly meaty game... How many gaming hours could an average player expect??...

Thanks ahead for any answers...

Disc1ple
04-04-2012, 11:06 AM
You need about 20-30 hours to complete this game.
So $30 is o.k. for this game, but Rayman Origins still needs in some fixes: saving, troubles with gamepadding e.t.c.

quietisgood
04-04-2012, 11:09 AM
I'm not sure if the game saves at the check points, but I would assume not. (Most of the levels are fairly short, so i don't think it would be too big of a deal)

As for the amount of content, I'd say it's worth the price. I've played around 9ish hours and I'm at the sixth world, but I've also been completing the time trials on each level and making attempts to get the lum medals.

MushRush66
04-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Thank you folks... I think I'll wait and see if they patch it up a bit... It is on my wishlist so that I won't forget it for a future purchase...

(Some reppage for your polite responses)...:)

Eggtooth
04-04-2012, 01:31 PM
20-30 hours?

I finished it in 14 hours... Still so much, also I found almost all electoon crates, have 180 Electoons in total, and 8 tooths.

Mashley
04-04-2012, 01:53 PM
20-30 hours?

I finished it in 14 hours... Still so much, also I found almost all electoon crates, have 180 Electoons in total, and 8 tooths.

You haven't finished until you've done Land of the Livid Dead (10 teeth)

Disc1ple
04-04-2012, 02:31 PM
20-30 hours?

With gold-medals on every level?
I spend a lot of time just only to learn how to play with gamepad here and trying again and again for more scores on each level.
And you're saying 14 hours.
May be i am a newbie or may be you're just done without any trying to do it hardcore ;)
Dunno :rolleyes:

Topshmups
04-05-2012, 12:08 PM
I played the demo a few times still held off buying watched a few play through then took the plunge.

Best money I've spent in a long time it has a charm if its own well done ubi for finally giving us a great looking great playing platformer :-)

Shazzam6999
04-08-2012, 08:28 AM
This game really is great. I'm really surprised I haven't seen more fuss about it. The graphics are fun, the soundtrack is something I would listen to by itself, and the gameplay is smooth enough to make the whole experience stellar.

Daz474
04-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Its too expensive...$39 AU for a platform scroller?? I wouldnt even pay half that...Ill get in in the $2 bin in 6 months maybe...

Sweetz
04-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Its too expensive...$39 AU for a platform scroller?? I wouldnt even pay half that...Ill get in in the $2 bin in 6 months maybe...
Well there's an a good example of overly reductive and illogical reasoning. For my dollar, this "platform scroller" manages to be a hell of a lot more entertaining than Generic Military Shooter Sequel of the month. It looks amazing, sounds amazing, its gameplay is reasonably inventive, and it's overflowing with charm and whimsey.

Dismissing it and making a value judgement on it based soley on the genre in which is resides is not well considered, and that's about the nicest way I can phrase it.

Daz474
04-10-2012, 06:17 AM
Well there's an a good example of overly reductive and illogical reasoning.

Not really, its my POV and is rather logical in my head. Im not saying its a bad game at all, it looks pretty good. But compared to other games of equal calibre its over priced IMO. Check out Trine 2, thats $15 - my point "de-overly reduced" right there.

You can feel free and justified spending your $40 on it. Ill buy Trine 2, get an equally impressive and time wasting game, and ill spend the $25 saved on a couple of other equally worthwhile games and waste more of my spare time! Oh and ill probably have enough change to get RO when it ends up in the $2 bin in a few months :p

Sweetz
04-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Writing it off based on the fact that there are other fun games that are cheaper is pretty much the definition of overly reductive. It's like saying Skyrim isn't worth $60 because you can get The Witcher for $10. That's not logically considering the game's worth.

I've had a lot more fun with Rayman Origins than I've had with games I paid more for. Given its production values, I think it's well worth the asking price (granted in the US I pay $30, and you Aussies get a bum deal as is typical for games in your region).