PDA

View Full Version : Game breaking bug

Galaxer
04-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Hello.

I just bought the game today, played for about 2 hours now till I ended up at the prostitute house, when that little guy jumps up in the ventilation canals and you're able to see what he sees. He get stucked right in the middle of the cannals and I cannot get futher.

Anyone else experienced this problem?

Lusken
04-04-2012, 05:33 PM
I may have had a similar moment.

Later on you do something in a vent with an exit either side of you yet it seems like you're boxed in by invisible brushes.... i had to jump spam wiggle my mouse to get out. =/!

freshdachs
04-07-2012, 07:48 AM
Turn Vsyns on if this happens.

Selei
04-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Yeah, I would try what Freshdachs said, I had a similar problem and turning on Vsync for the moment it happens prevented it.

woolerland
04-13-2012, 09:17 AM
Turn Vsyns on if this happens.

this is the solution... the actual problem is that you're fps is too high and i guess the gameengine clock is tied to you're fps i.e. in cod 4, having a higher fps, allows you to jump higher. thus causing you to get stuck in the vents.

2 solutions:
1. v-sync enabled
2. fraps, start recording until you get passed the part you get stuck

basically the solution is to lower you're fps temporarily.

i used the fraps solution as i only had to press a button than go into menu enable it then disable it afterwards.

i posted a thread about my findings a while ago too.

Chixdiggit
06-04-2012, 09:36 PM
Just had the same problem. Thanks for the fix.

Euphytose
06-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Haha really curious problem.

I'll remember this when I play this part once the game goes on sale, thanks!

mindmurderer
06-07-2012, 09:40 PM
Haha really curious problem.

I'll remember this when I play this part once the game goes on sale, thanks!

its on sale right now at gamefly $12

Euphytose
07-17-2012, 10:10 AM
I completed this part with v-sync off actually.

You just have to jump.

neomasp
08-29-2012, 11:56 PM
this is the solution... the actual problem is that you're fps is too high and i guess the gameengine clock is tied to you're fps i.e. in cod 4, having a higher fps, allows you to jump higher. thus causing you to get stuck in the vents.

2 solutions:
1. v-sync enabled
2. fraps, start recording until you get passed the part you get stuck

basically the solution is to lower you're fps temporarily.

i used the fraps solution as i only had to press a button than go into menu enable it then disable it afterwards.

i posted a thread about my findings a while ago too.

Thanks I had the same problem.

Harry101
09-13-2012, 07:15 AM
Haha, I just got stuck here too, checked with Fraps and I'm getting 300+ fps. I'll try the VSync fix. Thanks! :D

Elensar
09-16-2012, 03:25 AM
Just keep jumping against these glitch areas. There are a few collision glitches like this through the game with the darkling, jumping resolved all of them for me.

Good luck.