PDA

View Full Version : Game crashes when controller is plugged in

TornadoX
04-04-2012, 03:02 PM
When my controller (a PS2 controller connected to the PC with an adapter) is connected to the PC and I want to start a race the game crashes to desktop at the loading screen ("... stopped working"). When I unplug it the game doesn't crash anymore. I didn't have any problems like that with other games before.

I tried a different controller but when that one is plugged in I can't accelerate the car (while playing with the keyboard), so I can only drive backwards. ;)

Did anyone else have those problems? I don't want to play this game with keyboard.

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4870
CPU: Intel C2D E8500
MEM: 4 GB
PAD1: PlayStation 2 controller connected with PantherLord PC-USB converter
PAD2: Logitech Dual Action USB

Purple44
04-04-2012, 03:17 PM
When my controller (a PS2 controller connected to the PC with an adapter) is connected to the PC and I want to start a race the game crashes to desktop at the loading screen ("... stopped working"). When I unplug it the game doesn't crash anymore. I didn't have any problems like that with other games before.

I tried a different controller but when that one is plugged in I can't accelerate the car (while playing with the keyboard), so I can only drive backwards. ;)

Did anyone else have those problems? I don't want to play this game with keyboard.

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4870
CPU: Intel C2D E8500
MEM: 4 GB
PAD1: PlayStation 2 controller connected with PantherLord PC-USB converter
PAD2: Logitech Dual Action USB

Is the Logitech Dual Action pad unplug from the computer when using P2 controller?

RRU not the first PC game that does not like having more than one controller plug in.

TornadoX
04-04-2012, 03:27 PM
Yes, that one is unplugged. My adapter is an adapter for 2 controllers, though. So even when only 1 controller is connected 2 are shown in Windows. So I can't really disconnect the 2nd controller...

EDIT: Woah, I love you. ;) I deactivated the 2nd (not even connected) controller in the device manager and now it's not crashing anymore!

Purple44
04-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Yes, that one is unplugged. My adapter is an adapter for 2 controllers, though. So even when only 1 controller is connected 2 are shown in Windows. So I can't really disconnect the 2nd controller...

Then that might be bad, unless Bugbear can patch this problem. Have you tried switching the PS2 controller to the adapter opening?

TornadoX
04-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Everything fixed. See my last EDIT. :)