PDA

View Full Version : Update 1.0.6 - Live

SeonR
04-05-2012, 12:46 AM
Cubemen 1.0.6 is now live - Enjoy!

This build is more a stability update than a feature update, though there are a few little new things I have added. here is the list so far:

ADDED

Added message for No Support for GMA950 cards on game start (OSX)
Added message for No Support for iPad1 on game start (iOS)
Added message about network games and version number
Added device icons (mac, pc, ipad)
Added more music loops
Added sound-fx chime when player joins network game
Added framerate threshold for dropping VFX on iOS devices at low frame rate (Check Options screen - on by default)
Added incrementing cost for units (This changes the game slightly for those that spam levels with GRILLS)
Added move lives to Beginner and Easy levels
Added stats display in Achievement screen
Added news button for latest breaking news display!

IMPROVED

Improved performance where possible
Improved Mortar unit at short distance and stationary targets
Improved online game connection screens ( Now Looks Nicer)

FIXED

Fixed Skimish mode players not attacking other players when no non player units on the level.
Fixed imbalance on AI Grenade units in Skirmish mode
Fixed skirmish game stability and syncing
Fixed more crash bugs
Fixed bug where stats used for achievements were not storing correctly ( stats and achievements could now be out of sync, but they will re-sync over time )
Fixed humped bonus times
Fixed Last Stand - Best scores To Beat not loading in properly.
Fixed wrong cubemen Icon in Just Rockets mode

And thats pretty much it for 1.0.6

kanthall
04-05-2012, 01:08 AM
What about counting of total Cubemen kills? I want to know how many I need to get achievements :)

SeonR
04-05-2012, 01:12 AM
What about counting of total Cubemen kills? I want to know how many I need to get achievements :)

Yes, yes, you have made that very clear ;)

it's on my list, but not at the top, sorry. Bigger and better things to do.... secret special stuff.... You won't be upset.

McMarius11
04-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Yes, yes, you have made that very clear ;)

it's on my list, but not at the top, sorry. Bigger and better things to do.... secret special stuff.... You won't be upset.

keep up the good work =)

TouchTheDisk
04-13-2012, 05:58 AM
Cubemen 1.0.6 doesn't seem to be saving my options and display resolution. I'm on OS X 10.7.3 and Steam.

SeonR
04-13-2012, 03:47 PM
Cubemen 1.0.6 doesn't seem to be saving my options and display resolution. I'm on OS X 10.7.3 and Steam.

Looking into it now. nothing changed with any of the resolution code, so not sure whats going on, but will try to get a fix out immediately.

SeonR
04-13-2012, 04:10 PM

I just kicked off Cubemen on OSX and the game is saving my resolutions settings and re-loading them fine.

Cubemen should default to Steam cloud for loading and saving settings but also stores the settings locally in case it cannot get to the Steam cloud storage.

Seems Windows is NOT saving resolutions again. Looking into it.

SeonR
04-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Ok, I have found & fixed the issue and re-submitted a patch... not sure if it will get out today due to it being late arvo on Friday and I am sure the Steam folk are heading off already for the weekend.

Jarchow
04-13-2012, 06:07 PM
Had the same issue running windows 7 Pro x64. The update that popped up seconds ago fixed it, awesome!

SeonR
04-13-2012, 06:09 PM
Yeah, awesome guys at Steam!

TouchTheDisk
04-13-2012, 06:17 PM
Everything is working all right now. Thanks!

mocky
04-14-2012, 07:44 AM
With this update now i can't rotate or zoom the map.

Sorry for my english

SeonR
04-14-2012, 03:36 PM
With this update now i can't rotate or zoom the map.

Hmm, rotation and zoom working fine here on both platforms... anyone else not able to rotate or zoom the map? What about using the arrow keys?

mocky
04-15-2012, 12:16 AM
Hmm, rotation and zoom working fine here on both platforms... anyone else not able to rotate or zoom the map? What about using the arrow keys?

Does not work with neither the mouse nor the arrow keys. Snif.
I try to play a previous map that i played but...not work.

I have Vista Ultimate.

Today I will try to test the game of my son. He have too the Cubemen but in a laptop with windows 7.

Sorry for my english again.

SeonR
04-15-2012, 02:57 AM
Does not work with neither the mouse nor the arrow keys. Snif.
I try to play a previous map that i played but...not work.

I have Vista Ultimate.

Today I will try to test the game of my son. He have too the Cubemen but in a laptop with windows 7.

Sorry for my english again.

Please let me know if ti works on your son's computer. I tested again here... OSX and Win764bit and input works fine for mouse and keyboard... Might specifically be a Vista issue, but I cant see how.

mocky
04-15-2012, 03:42 AM
Please let me know if ti works on your son's computer. I tested again here... OSX and Win764bit and input works fine for mouse and keyboard... Might specifically be a Vista issue, but I cant see how.

The son's cubemen works fine after update 1.06 (win7 64) grrr.

My vista ultimate is 64bits too. I have all updates from my OS (I think). The only difference is my vista have User account control activated.

Snif... i need to play this great game again.

mocky
04-15-2012, 08:20 AM
By chance, testing the demo of "Naval War: Arctic Circle" Paradox, I found that the zoom on the mouse wheel did not work. Looking at the Steam forum, a user has put this link (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?600449-Having-mouse-keyboard-problems-LOOK-HERE) on the page of Paradox, placed by the developer of that game.

The SOURCE of the problem is an error with the Unity3D engine (which seems to Cubemen uses too), which makes certain keys and mouse movements to malfunction. This error does not have to always reproduce.

In the link above, the developer has created 2 files to add, modify entries in the registry of Unity3D, first adding an entry "input" and then leave it empty.

SeonR, modify or delete this post if you think necessary and write an alternative (log files created for you, creating a patch to "reset" these values​​, etc).

... Now I can play Cubemen again :cool:

Sorry again for my english

mocky
04-15-2012, 04:44 PM
Hello again.

I have found who created the trouble.

In my case, the installScript of the game "Lunar Flight" in Steam.

When you play this game, the installscript of the game write a key in the registry in the "unity" section. When exit from the game, the key is not cleared.

After that all games with unity3D engine stop working some commands (rotate, zoom,...) or keys (ESC,...)

Maybe you can write an sticky post to alert the players of "our" game.

SeonR
04-15-2012, 06:27 PM
I'll have a chat with Sean Edwards (Maker of Luna Flight) and get him to stop doing what he is doing. Breaking other devs games by writing alts to the registry is not a good move :(

sh0v0r
04-15-2012, 09:09 PM
I'll have a chat with Sean Edwards (Maker of Luna Flight) and get him to stop doing what he is doing. Breaking other devs games by writing alts to the registry is not a good move :(

This is an unfortunate situation indeed and I apologise. What I am doing is required to ensure most joysticks work correctly as they require Direct Input to be calibrated, this was a suggested thing by a Unity developer. In 3.5 for some reason they removed this feature and in addition broke something. I am still using 3.4.

The problem is I can't write this at runtime it needs to be there before the game initialises.

Ultimately what we need is for Unity to add the feature back in and have 3.5 apps updated so they're not effected by it. Or provide a scriptable option that allows devs to toggle it on while the game is running. We need to pressure Unity to hotfix this issue:

See this thread I have started Seon: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/132316-Urgent-response-required-Direct-Input-and-3.5-(Steam-titles-with-no-input)

I'll have a chat to you on Skype we'll get it sorted out.

SeonR
04-15-2012, 10:37 PM
Sean (Sh0v0r) and I have taken this off list and outside, bare knuckled fighting in the parking lot! It's a bloody affair, but lucky we are both from Australia so the locals are used to the ruckus :-)

sh0v0r
04-16-2012, 04:02 AM
Here is a mirror of the files to remove or add the Direct Input registry setting.

http://www.shovsoft.com/files/LunarFlightDirectInputRegFiles.zip

I am going to be removing it from the Lunar Flight Install Script and will have to point players to these files in the mean time.

Jani666
04-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Hi,
I am just curious.
I have both games on Desura and I donīt have this issue.
So this script will only be installed when you use Steam for Lunar Flight?

Compliments for two very good games btw. :)

SeonR
04-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Hi,
I am just curious.
I have both games on Desura and I donīt have this issue.
So this script will only be installed when you use Steam for Lunar Flight?

Compliments for two very good games btw. :)

I am not sure if the registry settings on the LF Desura version were auto run. Only Sh0v0r can answer that question, sorry.