PDA

View Full Version : Where's Rod?

alex902602
04-05-2012, 04:31 PM
So let me get this straight...

Instead of taking virtual flying lessons with the world-famous instructor Rod Machado flying professionally around the greater Seattle area, I have some macho woman (is she even a CFI?) yelling at me to break every Federal Air Regulation in the book in only Hawaii?

Not to mention how much the DLC costs...

bastila13091
04-05-2012, 04:32 PM
The DLC might be expensive, but compare it to the content that is in it.

Calimero13
04-05-2012, 04:33 PM
The DLC might be expensive, but compare it to the content that is in it.

in fsx you get all that + Rod :p

bastila13091
04-05-2012, 04:37 PM
in fsx you get all that + Rod :p

A) This game is not trying to beat or even be FSX. FSX is a flight sim. This is an arcade.

B) Does FSX have a progressive EXP system? A collectibles system? The dynamic mission system? The graphics? The fact that you can get out of your plane and walk up to buildings and monuments?!

Calimero13
04-05-2012, 04:39 PM
A) This game is not trying to beat or even be FSX. FSX is a flight sim. This is an arcade.

B) Does FSX have a progressive EXP system? A collectibles system? The dynamic mission system? The graphics? The fact that you can get out of your plane and walk up to buildings and monuments?!

No, all the excitement you get in fsx comes from:
1 Get airborne
2 Land Safely
3 Be alive and do it again.
Which is fine imho ;)

bastila13091
04-05-2012, 04:40 PM
No, all the excitement you get in fsx comes from:
1 Get airborne
2 Land Safely
3 Be alive and do it again.
Which is fine imho ;)

You can do that for free in this.

alex902602
04-05-2012, 04:41 PM
A) Then why do they call it the next entry in the franchise.

B) You can do all of that with addons which is what makes fsx so special, its open to third parties. Plus the built in missions are far better. What would you rather do, Fly to Area 51 and deliver workers whilst feeling like in a living world or land a car looking plane whilst nobody is there. The graphics arent even that good, the waves are static and the clouds look like plastic.

Calimero13
04-05-2012, 04:41 PM
You can do that for free in this.

true, but the 'don't die' part in fsx is better imho ;)

Eggtooth
04-05-2012, 04:45 PM

You sir clearly haven't played FSX.

1. FSX DOES have some kind of exp system (rewards)
2. IT HAS collectibles (once again rewards)
3. Dynamic mission system- present! FSX has missions such as landing on a moving bus. Also there is a mission that you need to take off a retired 747, do controlled stall, and land it when 3 engines are damaged.
4. You can't get out of your plane, but you have whole world to explore. (Actually with mod you can get out of your plane by free camera)
5. This game is NOT mod friendly (I mean Microsoft Flight).
6. In FSX some commercial planes such as Captain Sim aircrafts allow you to fully control every system of the aircraft including APU, complex engine management, and other very hard things.
7. Tons of sceenery packs.
8. Example of what you can do with FSX graphics and awesome add-on:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wmiR3cpyEXw/S7JgAojruvI/AAAAAAAACPE/pta2qykY93E/s1600/da+Zermatt6.jpg

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/469/a3802.png

http://gotbush.org/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=8861.0;attach=2465 ;image

Original Himalayas (and I have this aircraft- it's Boeing 377 Stratocruiser)
http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s360/gsterges/Stratocruiser/MtEverest_Makkalu_3.jpg

Some other shots:
http://www.simshack.net/images/madeirax_12.jpg
http://www.simshack.net/images/manhattanx_24.jpg
http://www.limesim.com/products/fsx/helgolandx/big04.jpg
http://www.fspilotshop.com/images/tabaus1.jpg
http://flyawaysimulation.com/media/images1/images/san-francisco-scenery.jpg
(all of those above are shots from Flight Simulator X with addons that are mostly freeware or payware)

9. You know why I love FSX? Because I love to see unknown, I play FSX from release date and I haven't explored whole world yet (only 30-50%), and yet I am pumped to play this game. You know why? Because in FSX all what is exciting was not only taking off the plane, and then land, but also exploring the unknown, searching for interesting areas, airports, that's why FSX is not only a game... It's also a simulator, and adventure in one game.
10. Almost every aircraft from the world is ready to be downloaded even for free if you search deeper, and yet a lot of new ones are being created for free.

See why FSX is so awesome?

Those points doesn't mean I don't like MS Flight. I like this game, it's fun, but you haven't played FSX at all.

bastila13091
04-05-2012, 04:47 PM
A) Then why do they call it the next entry in the franchise.

B) You can do all of that with addons which is what makes fsx so special, its open to third parties. Plus the built in missions are far better. What would you rather do, Fly to Area 51 and deliver workers whilst feeling like in a living world or land a car looking plane whilst nobody is there. The graphics arent even that good, the waves are static and the clouds look like plastic.

A) They call it the final entry with respect to Microsoft making a flying game. I saw someone else post in another thread that Microsoft does not even still have the development team from FSX anymore.

B) If you dont like the game, and havent spent any money, and dont expect them to fix any of the issues you have with it, then post your thoughts about it, uninstall the game, and move on.

alex902602
04-05-2012, 04:49 PM
A) They call it the final entry with respect to Microsoft making a flying game. I saw someone else post in another thread that Microsoft does not even still have the development team from FSX anymore.

B) If you dont like the game, and havent spent any money, and dont expect them to fix any of the issues you have with it, then post your thoughts about it, uninstall the game, and move on.

M$ employee

bastila13091
04-05-2012, 04:51 PM
You sir clearly haven't played FSX.

1. FSX DOES have some kind of exp system (rewards)
2. IT HAS collectibles (once again rewards)
3. Dynamic mission system- present! FSX has missions such as landing on a moving bus. Also there is a mission that you need to take off retired 747, do controlled stall, and land it when 3 engines are damaged.
4. You can't get out of your plane, but you have whole world to explore. (Actually with mod you can get out of your plane by free camera)
5. This game is NOT mod friendly (I mean Microsoft Flight).

Those five points doesn't mean I don't like MS Flight. I like this game, it's fun, but you haven't played FSX at all.

I havent played FSX and I dont think I will. Just because its an old game to me. I like the look and feel of this. Sure FSX might be cool, but if people like that, come here, try the free base game and dont like it, then there's no reason they should keep worrying about the game past posting their opinion of it. There's just no sense in that.

bastila13091
04-05-2012, 04:51 PM
M$ employee

No. Just a person with a mind that works in a logical business oriented pattern.

Eggtooth
04-05-2012, 05:04 PM
I havent played FSX and I dont think I will. Just because its an old game to me. I like the look and feel of this. Sure FSX might be cool, but if people like that, come here, try the free base game and dont like it, then there's no reason they should keep worrying about the game past posting their opinion of it. There's just no sense in that.

Just see my updated post. Look what you can do with FSX, then try it. You won't regret that.

bastila13091
04-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Just see my updated post. Look what you can do with FSX, then try it. You won't regret that.

Actually I have played FSX. But only Accelerated and the base game. Its not that great. Graphics could be a bit more polished, it doesnt have the XP system that this does, you cant crash a plane, you can land in the middle of a field as solidly as you can in flight, there's no easter egg hunt. I forgot that I had bought it a couple years ago. Just played around a bit with free flight for a few minutes.

Gibbage
04-05-2012, 08:42 PM
true, but the 'don't die' part in fsx is better imho ;)

I disagre. I do consider FSX a more complete SIM, but I find the simulation of flying better in Flight. I never had to deal with cross wind landings in FSX once. In Flight, it takes a truly skilled pilot to pull them off! Taking a Maule and landing on one of the narrow slanted dirt strips bracketed by trees is a new level of pucker factor that will test the skills of any virtual pilot. Youll be more happy once you pull that off then any "on rails" landing in FSX.

bastila13091
04-05-2012, 08:45 PM
I disagre. I do consider FSX a more complete SIM, but I find the simulation of flying better in Flight. I never had to deal with cross wind landings in FSX once. In Flight, it takes a truly skilled pilot to pull them off! Taking a Maule and landing on one of the narrow slanted dirt strips bracketed by trees is a new level of pucker factor that will test the skills of any virtual pilot. Youll be more happy once you pull that off then any "on rails" landing in FSX.

Or a pilot with alot of imagination. The only way I was able to get gold on the last Icon-5 landing challenge was by popping the cockpit open to force the nose down and have excessive speed drop. There's alot more dynamic challenges in flight than in FSX.

Calimero13
04-06-2012, 03:32 AM

You obviously haven't used the weather settings in fsx or landed on Lukla.

Eggtooth
04-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Actually I have played FSX. But only Accelerated and the base game. Its not that great. Graphics could be a bit more polished, it doesnt have the XP system that this does, you cant crash a plane, you can land in the middle of a field as solidly as you can in flight, there's no easter egg hunt. I forgot that I had bought it a couple years ago. Just played around a bit with free flight for a few minutes.

Another your argument went through the toilet. You CAN crash airtcraft in FSX. Set it in realism settings.

Actually it seems that none of you played FSX. By writing this post I am flying a de Havilland Comet 1 above himalayas, and the view is so stunning. Incredible.

bastilla, try to land the plane on moving bus. Then start talking how "FSX is not a dynamic game". You haven't played it, so why do you still comment in here? None of your arguments are valid, and yet you still say that MS Flight is better. Yes it's good, BUT NOT better than FSX.

And please... POLISHED GRAPHICS? As for 2006 they are great... What the hell do you expect from a game from 2006?!

Also suddenly you said you haven't played FSX, and then you say here you played it.

???

bastila13091
04-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Another your argument went through the toilet. You CAN crash airtcraft in FSX. Set it in realism settings.

Actually it seems that none of you played FSX. By writing this post I am flying a de Havilland Comet 1 above himalayas, and the view is so stunning. Incredible.

bastilla, try to land the plane on moving bus. Then start talking how "FSX is not a dynamic game". You haven't played it, so why do you still comment in here? None of your arguments are valid, and yet you still say that MS Flight is better. Yes it's good, BUT NOT better than FSX.

I have played it. Just not much. I have never totally cared for the missions in the FS series. And if its a sim, then why do I have to turn it to realistic mode to crash? Thats not a sim at all. A sim means its realistic from the get go.

bastila13091
04-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Also suddenly you said you haven't played FSX, and then you say here you played it.

???

I simply forgot that I had. All of the FS games are just copies of each other. Is there really anything new between FS2004 and FSX?

Eggtooth
04-06-2012, 11:52 AM
I have played it. Just not much. I have never totally cared for the missions in the FS series. And if its a sim, then why do I have to turn it to realistic mode to crash? Thats not a sim at all. A sim means its realistic from the get go.

OMG, do you know realism settings? This game is meant to be not only for pro players... It's meant for everyone. If you're casual player, then okay, go to realism settings, and set realism to lower one, if hardcore then realism to high. The game is meant for more users not only hardcore. Your arguments are so stupid... It's unbelievable..

Really, three or four clicks through options menu to set overall realism to high is really that much? O_O I'd prefer adjusting realism than have everything forced on me.

Also MS Flight has realism settings... So what the heck are you talking about? Man you haven't played any of those games, and yet you say so much stupid things... PLAY BOTH GAMES then judge which is better. All your arguments are not valid, MS Flight has realism settings too (Gameplay section in options) -_-

bastila13091
04-06-2012, 11:53 AM
OMG, do you know realism settings? This game is meant to be not only for pro players... It's meant for everyone. If you're casual player, then okay, go to realism settings, and set realism to lower one, if hardcore then realism to high. The game is meant for more users not only hardcore. Your arguments are so stupid... It's unbelievable..

Think about it this way. Is it really so easy to crash that the casual players need a setting to keep from crashing? Its kinda hard to crash a plane unless you really attempt to or trying to do something tricky.

bastila13091
04-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Also MS Flight has realism settings... So what the heck are you talking about? Man you haven't played any of those games, and yet you say so much stupid things... PLAY BOTH GAMES then judge which is better. All your arguments are not valid, MS Flight has realism settings too (Gameplay section in opptions) -_-

I have played FS 2004, FSX, CFS 2, and CFS 3. You do not know me. Do not attempt to think you know me because you do not.

Eggtooth
04-06-2012, 12:03 PM
I have played FS 2004, FSX, CFS 2, and CFS 3. You do not know me. Do not attempt to think you know me because you do not.

Well, let's keep it friendly.

Buddy, play FSX more. I think your arguments aren't valid. You know, play FSX more, go through options, then compare. You'll find FSX more closer to simulation, and aswell fun because you have a lot of stuff to do in this game (mostly in missions). Also you can even download cars or ships and have multi simulation game (but still it's stupid argument imo because FSX is about flying ;) )

bastila13091
04-06-2012, 12:05 PM
Well, let's keep it friendly.

Buddy, play FSX more. I think your arguments aren't valid. You know, play FSX more, go through options, then compare. You'll find FSX more closer to simulation, and aswell fun because it has a lot of stuff to do. Also you can even download cars or ships and have multi simulation game (but still it's stupid argument imo because FSX is about flying ;) )

I havent really ever enjoyed the FS series. The CFS series was fun, but the FS series just lacked a progressive feeling that I feel flight has.

Eggtooth
04-06-2012, 12:06 PM
I havent really ever enjoyed the FS series. The CFS series was fun, but the FS series just lacked a progressive feeling that I feel flight has.

Play IL-2 1946. It's awesome and realistic as hell :D

bastila13091
04-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Play IL-2 1946. It's awesome and realistic as hell :D

I've tried it, but after playing SWG's space for 6 years I just cant get into it. I'll probably lack on combat flight for years.

Eggtooth
04-06-2012, 12:11 PM
I've tried it, but after playing SWG's space for 6 years I just cant get into it. I'll probably lack on combat flight for years.

Buy it, it's on steam. I do have it, we can fly sometimes.

Btw, wanna fly in MS Flight? add me on live: NikoBellic1992
Steam: Eggtooth

bastila13091
04-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Buy it, it's on steam. I do have it, we can fly sometimes.

Btw, wanna fly in MS Flight? add me on live: NikoBellic1992
Steam: Eggtooth

I bought it about half a year or so ago. I had issues with the rudder with it and my old X52 because the spring was loose, and even now I still have rudder issues with aerobatics on my X-65f.

I'm bastila13091 on both live and steam. I'm kinda avoiding MF though at the moment because of the save feature sync not working. I dont totally want to have to do things all over again

delafina
04-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Man you haven't played any of those games, and yet you say so much stupid things...

Let's tone it down a notch.

Calimero13
04-06-2012, 01:20 PM
Let's tone it down a notch.

he is just talking the truth ;)

bastila13091
04-06-2012, 01:23 PM
he is just talking the truth ;)

Only from your POV which is not the right one.

Eggtooth
04-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Only from your POV which is not the right one.

Don't judge points o views. I just showed you why you're not right, and that's all. All points of views here are valid, everybody is entitled to their opinion, so just let's end this topic.

MS Flight is good, from every point of view, I like it, and nothing will change that. Peace.

bastila13091
04-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Don't judge points o views. I just showed you why you're not right, and that's all. All points of views here are valid, everybody is entitled to their opinion, so just let's end this topic.

MS Flight is good, from every point of view, I like it, and nothing will change that. Peace.

I totally agree, but what he was saying was referring back to when you thought I didnt know anything and hadnt played any other game.

alex902602
04-06-2012, 02:22 PM
I just don't get WHY they've removed 90% of the games features, why not accomodate both, Microsoft need to follow what Valve does and LISTEN to the community, go look at Counter Strike Global Offensive; They're actually listening to feedback. I bet the feedback email gets less views than the Windows Error Report one does.

delafina
04-06-2012, 03:09 PM
You're welcome to whatever opinions you hold; however, please be courteous when disagreeing with your fellow users.

bastila13091
04-06-2012, 03:34 PM
I just don't get WHY they've removed 90% of the games features, why not accomodate both, Microsoft need to follow what Valve does and LISTEN to the community, go look at Counter Strike Global Offensive; They're actually listening to feedback. I bet the feedback email gets less views than the Windows Error Report one does.

This game hasnt removed anything. Its being rebuilt from the ground up at a more slow pace. If that means it gets pushed out piecemeal, fine. But its not trying to be FSX. Its not going to try to be FSX. Two different series.

themordred
04-06-2012, 03:39 PM
I kinda expect MS to add many of the features they removed in later additions to the game. I mean, the radio's there in the Icon, I don't have the expansion but I know the Maule has equipment to allow IFR, and it works.

The only thing I'm concerned for is the price I'd have to spend to have the whole world at my disposal. I really enjoy the game, I'd totally spend my money on it but honestly, I wouldn't want to spend so much money in order to fly anywhere in the world. And if they don't do the whole world, I'm not going to be happy or buy the game.

I still remember flying on a Baron from Europe to America via Groenland in FSX, that's the kind of things I want to have the freedom to do. That, and flying over Italy! :p