PDA

View Full Version : Flight's Math

Cavalryman
04-05-2012, 10:28 PM
My pilot's stat's are reporting about 1.5 hours flying time, of which 2.5 hours has been spent in the PT-17. How does that work?

grmpyracer
04-10-2012, 02:19 PM
Flights math and my math also are in a disagreement. Maybe someone can advise on how the hours and miles accumulate and post. For instance flying a JOB and you advance to the checkpoint, are all those miles in between not counted?

bastila13091
04-10-2012, 02:35 PM
It might/probably has something to do with sync issues. Thats the only thing I could think of that might cause it.

JackBassV
04-11-2012, 10:09 AM
One of the Burger Missions has a distance of 250+km but an expected time of 10 minutes.

Flying in concorde? F15?

Of course they could mean "10 minutes if you skip to next waypoint, otherwise it's 3 hours."

bastila13091
04-11-2012, 10:43 AM
One of the Burger Missions has a distance of 250+km but an expected time of 10 minutes.

Flying in concorde? F15?

Of course they could mean "10 minutes if you skip to next waypoint, otherwise it's 3 hours."

I think most missions expect you to skip to waypoint.

ScruffyDuck
04-12-2012, 04:53 AM
As far as I can tell if you skip you don't get the flying credit for that which is skipped. I know you can get bonus XPs if you do not skip during an activity

Jon
ScruffyDuck Software
Microsoft MVP

AzureWX
04-12-2012, 12:10 PM
Estimated times in all jobs and missions assume you Skip to Waypoint.

Missions don't give you No Skip bonuses, but they do have extra dialogue and bonus opportunities sometimes on the legs that you skipped. In Jobs, you get a No Skip bonus for not skipping the flying in $100 Hamburger, Cargo, Medical Flight, and Charters. I think you can skip taxiing and still get the No-Skip bonus if you don't skip any of the flying.

Biplane Tours don't give you a No-Skip bonus, but if you don't skip you can fly past extra landmarks for 65 bonus points each and you'll get the chance to earn 1000 bonus points when your passenger asks you to land and let them pee.

wlayton27
04-12-2012, 01:30 PM
You can skip the taxi without sacrificing the no-skip bonus. I didn't know about the extra landmarks and restroom break bonuses on the Biplane Tour jobs, but I did know that there is no bonus for not skipping to waypoints on Biplane Tours. It sounds difficult to locate a landing strip when you're flying over the ocean between landmarks or heading back to your point of origin with 15+ NM to go.

There is no option to skip to waypoints during Clandestine Cargo missions because you have to maintain altitude below 1000 ft. AGL and avoid interceptor aircraft, but there is still a skip option during taxi.