PDA

View Full Version : For anyone coming for today's sale

bluezio
04-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Yes, go buy the double pack right now. I mean, you're getting two excellent retro RPGs for just 1 euro, what else would you want? :)

Breath of Death VII feels like an 8-bit RPG and takes about 4-6 hours to finish. Cthulhu is like an early 16-bit RPG, and takes about 10-12 hours, IIRC. Both are funny, and fun.

In addition, they fix some of the common issues in retro RPGs. Random battles are limited to a certain amount in each dungeon, you get all your HP back after each battle, and battles are pretty quick. In fact, you don't want them to drag on, as monsters become stronger every turn.

Oh, and CSTW has some interesting NG+ modes after you complete the game for the first time.

angrykenji
04-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Its only $1.50. Less than a price of a 2L drink. If someone's gonna complain about that then I guess they've got bigger issues to deal with

Heavenw00t
04-06-2012, 02:52 PM
*sees someone saying the typical "Oh, it costs less than one of those burgers I stick in my "back" so why not" comment*
*Auto-Yaoming and reverse meme of Shut up and take my money.*

Kage_No_Shi
04-06-2012, 04:37 PM
I haven't gotten around to the other game, but Breath of Death was well worth the $1.50 in itself really. Not a long or particularly involved game, but split between the two games it's less than a buck apiece. There is some true to the "It's so cheap you might as well give it a shot", but it's always good to find out if the game is good at all.

US_Ranger
04-07-2012, 10:24 AM
I wish I could play either of these games. I bought them a long time ago, installed them each a few times over the last year and haven't even been able to start the game yet without it crashing. And yes, I have Windows Media Player installed and ran the updates when the game first installed.

GuyStar
05-26-2012, 03:31 AM
I wish I bought them before. PERFECT EXAMPLE OF A REASON WHY YOU SHOULDN'T JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER.

Mogh
06-18-2012, 07:06 AM
Breath of Death VII is worth it. Though not as lengthy, complex or epic as the oldschool RPGs it's mimicking/paying homage to, it's a nice little game with funny characters, good music, and an interesting battle system. Definitely worth the money they're asking for it (even when it's not on sale).