PDA

View Full Version : Question about Borderlands 2

DarkRanger57
04-08-2012, 06:16 PM
http://kotaku.com/5900166/borderlands-2-gets-a-new-character-classbut-shes-dlc

Furthermore, those who did play the first game (and still have their gamesave, of course) will be given a custom character skin and a unique head as a thank-you, Gearbox said at the same panel.

Furthermore, those who did play the first game (and still have their gamesave, of course)

(and still have their gamesave, of course)

wat

UniqueName02
04-08-2012, 06:22 PM
The game will recognise the save file of the previous game and you will get the unique items.

Rockworm
04-08-2012, 06:22 PM
If you still have your saves from the first game will be given something unique for having played the first game.

DarkRanger57
04-08-2012, 06:23 PM
If you still have your saves from the first game will be given something unique for having played the first game.

Augh ♥♥♥♥.. too bad my save files deleted themself :C

The game will recognise the save file of the previous game and you will get the unique items.

Why not just detect our steam library to detect if we own a copy of Borderlands?

IcarusNine
04-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Sounds like those Dead Space 2 items that you could get from having Dead Space installed.

It'd be easy enough to install Borderlands, save the game, and then install Borderlands 2. Unless you really need the hard drive space.

The3rdPoliceman
04-08-2012, 06:24 PM
They probably mean Steam Cloud gamesaves. Gearbox updated Borderlands a while back, adding a few Steamworks features and the option to track your progress to help improve Borderlands 2.

Edit: http://www.destructoid.com/borderlands-pc-update-steam-cloud-saves-stat-tracking-211008.phtml

wazups 2x
04-08-2012, 06:26 PM

Since you obviously own the game why not just start it up, save the game and exit? Now you have a save file.

DarkRanger57
04-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Since you obviously own the game why not just start it up, save the game and exit? Now you have a save file.

Oh, that's true.
I thought it was maybe a timed thing (own a save before a certain date to get these exclusives)

EliteTemptation
04-08-2012, 10:03 PM
I hope it doesn't require you to still have the first game installed

Who am I kidding, I probably won't get BL 2, even though I did enjoy the first, the game ran like ♥♥♥♥ and got old, and from what I'm seeing the second is the exact same, except now commands we use to change from configs are now in options

epicphail
04-08-2012, 10:45 PM
Just go make one it didn't say the saves needed to complete the game and even if they did I am sure you could just download one online.

Blackops
04-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Just go make one it didn't say the saves needed to complete the game and even if they did I am sure you could just download one online.

Yep. People put their saves all over the place. It wouldn't take you five minutes to find one.