PDA

View Full Version : AoE:O All in Wonder Bundle

Shiguza
04-10-2012, 03:59 PM
So I bought the bundle but nothing has changed in the game, I don't have access to persians, and there's still the ''upgrade now'' button on all civilization. Wtf??

MS Ryz0n
04-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Make sure after purchasing you fully close out of Age of Empires Online and Steam. (to be super safe restart your PC just in case)
Relaunch Steam and verify that your purchase is visible. Next, relaunch age of empires online - From Steam. It should validate the content. It cant take a bit of time, but if you're not seeing it by tomorrow let us know.

zevaul
04-12-2012, 12:32 PM
The same issue has occurred. Bought All in wonder bundle but the game does not recognise it. Problem has persisted for close to a week and steam support tickets have not even tried to solve the correct problem.

Note that the game runs fine and have no technical issues. All forum "solutions", reinstalling, rebooting, restarting steam, praying hard, etc, have been attempted to no avail. When clicking on upgrade or marketplace buttons, "Error, this content is unavailable" pops out.

Hoping for a Microsoft representative to help resolve the issue. Getting rather frustrated so at least point me to the right direction to make noise. Much thanks.

zevaul
04-12-2012, 11:05 PM
Repost from AOE:O support forums

Okay it has worked.

I uninstalled Steam along with everything else I had inside it, reboot and reinstalled steam + the client. After a good 2-3 hours of downloading and reinstallation, the game runs fine and the all in wonders bundle is unlocked properly. The dreaded "upgrade" advertisement is finally gone.

The only gripe I have with this solution is that I would have to reinstall every single game I have in steam just to solve AOE:O's problems. Good job to both steam and windows live for making it such a chore to make purchased stuff work. For other people with similar problems, this "solution" has worked for me so good luck to you guys.

M4nkoRid3r
04-12-2012, 11:58 PM
Repost from AOE:O support forums

Okay it has worked.

I uninstalled Steam along with everything else I had inside it, reboot and reinstalled steam + the client. After a good 2-3 hours of downloading and reinstallation, the game runs fine and the all in wonders bundle is unlocked properly. The dreaded "upgrade" advertisement is finally gone.

The only gripe I have with this solution is that I would have to reinstall every single game I have in steam just to solve AOE:O's problems. Good job to both steam and windows live for making it such a chore to make purchased stuff work. For other people with similar problems, this "solution" has worked for me so good luck to you guys.

You can back up the games you know, either through steam or manually copy/pasted. Do not blame GFWL or steam.

My "All in Wonder" purchase registered instantly while the game was minimised too.

zevaul
04-13-2012, 01:47 AM
Backing up games manually would had been good advice before I uninstalled steam. Key words "Would had". Nonetheless point taken.

I feel rather annoyed that after jumping through various hoops and coming up with evidence of solutions that work, I get borderline condescending comments from lucky folks whose game registered perfectly fine.

Have felt rather edgy for the past few days with lack of support. Don't mind the harsh tone. :)