PDA

View Full Version : Can't launch the game.

Sarg338
04-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Downloaded the game, played it for a bit, then exited. Now, when I go to launch the game, it always asks me to allow steam to install Microsoft VC Redis Package (It says it's performing First Time Setup, even though it's not).

The game never pops up. In the task manager, the process is there (Taking up CPU and Resources), but nothing ever comes up. Any ideas on what to do?

EDIT: When it asks me to install the VC Redist Package, and I click No, the splash screen shows up for a bit a minute or 2, and then it launches... weird. Not sure why it does that when I say no. It also asks to install it EVERY time I go to run it... not sure why.

EDIT 2: And now it won't launch at all... great. Couple this with all of the stuff you have to do to connect it to your Live account, and this game isn't very friendly.

FreddySteiner
04-10-2012, 05:44 PM
That's because it needs something. Just install it and be done with it.

Fred.

Sarg338
04-10-2012, 06:03 PM
That's because it needs something. Just install it and be done with it.

Fred.

You didn't read the whole thing did you? I click yes to install it, it says it installs it then it doesn't launch.

Click no, and it launches.

Obviously it's not as simple as "install it and be done with it" since it doesn't run when I click yes.

FreddySteiner
04-10-2012, 06:05 PM
I understand now. Sorry about that. I hope you get it sorted.

Fred.

Sarg338
04-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Bump for not even being able to launch the game. Yay Microsoft!

bastila13091
04-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Posting in the support might get faster help.

Sarg338
04-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Posting in the support might get faster help.

Didn't see the support subforum up top, thanks. Will do!