PDA

View Full Version : First thoughts

phototime
04-10-2012, 06:24 PM
So far I have mixed thoughts. Fun but...

*No save game feature ? How do you save a game?

*The menu fonts are HUGE ! LOL

*The tutorial is not that well thought out. Left we at one point with a "what do I do now look on my face". LOL

*The scrolling to move around the main screen is slow and frustrating or have I missed something?

My thoughts are based on a quick 30 minute play.

I will read the manual tonight after work and see if any of my comments here are corrected or justified.

I will update these first thoughts later. :)

jimrad1
04-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Scrolling is slow if your using the mouse. Much faster if you use the arrow key. I think they did this on purpose though. Some sort of delay before the moving he mouse to a edge.

Yeah, its very very lacking on tutorials for sure, but if you've played Fleet Command or Harpoon you fit right in pretty quickly. It does require some knowledge of naval warfare though and terminologies. Once you have played a few missions you get the hang of it quickly.

Didnt see a save feature either, that would of been a nice if not obvious requirement in my opinion. Probably a blast to play online although I would assume the sessions are very long, hence again, a save feature seems like a terrible omission as is a mission editor or skirmish mode.

Boogus
04-10-2012, 08:24 PM
I like this game a lot. We will all agree that it needs work and that there are bugs. Lets hope patches will be coming. Updates would definitely keep the fan base for this game happy.
I don't really need tutorials - it is easy enough to figure things out. Most of all this game needs patching and updates. If that happens then I will be a fan and spread the word for sure. If not the game will die.